Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

Yeah, it’s one of my favorite aircraft ever & I waited so long for it. But of course, it’s just not useful unless it gets additional CM. It’s so hard to get in range to opponents now to get off IR missiles without getting 6 ARHs fired at you in return…

I feel another thing they need to do now is reduce the Crew Sight Range. Currently all players know were each is way too much to be realistic. It does not allow players or aircraft who rely on close range or SARH to use the element of surprise & ambush. This would help players who are grinding too.

Test flight is unaccessible for me now, it will stay in a infinit loop in the charging menu

Anyone else?

It should also receive a reduced drag, it’s crazy that MiG-29 have lower drag than Mirage 4000 despite MiG-29 have Twin Tail configuration (which make have more drag).

What I really wish is that when M4K was released is literally M2K on steroid (hence its number 2000+2000 = 4000). But in reality, other than it can carry 8 IR Missile, its flight performance somehow lackluster.

And its placement in tech tree should’ve been placed in the Mirage 2000 line tbh instead of putting it in the Crusader line.

2 Likes

Thank you for bringing that up. I totally forgot.

what is up with that. The thing is dual engine. It’s very slow even in straight line.

Forgot the term/tactic of leveling out for the Mirage to regain energy in burst when needed.

Seems we are back to similar previous situation of S530D overleading. If they fix it, hope it won’t nerf a lot the short range maneuvrability engagement, like they did on S530D (as long it is realistic).

Currently what i found problematic, with M2K-5F with the new update.
Let me know if i am only to have the same feeling: From most annoying to the less one.

• HMD is horrendous to play with. HMD PD is inconsistant to lock. HMD PD mode lock into chaff (???) + and unable to lock a simple target in head-on, or when it give its six.
  • RDY radar is inconsistant with its lock. Locking chaff reliably even when the target is not in the notch sector (target in head-on, or given its six).
  • The current amount of countermesure is problematic. In Air sim if the target know what is doing, you just enough for only one engagement. Far from previous amount of CM (previous major patch), even more far from real IRL CM amount.
  • MICA (and other fox 3) notch sector are WIDE. Still feel very easy to dodge them if you have at least a minimum distance to react. Can’t confirm but feel like the R27-ER notch has still way more tinier notch sector (R24 sometimes act like the same way as r27-er)
  • RDY radar can override MICA autopath at short range , coupled with the previous issues (RDY radar lock insconstancy), your radar can make you MICA miss an Head-on target. Workaround: shut off/down your radar the moment when you MICA is in final phase (pitbull mode).
  • MICA range at medium/long is not a real threat : a mix of drag value, speed, range, and chaff resistance.
  • FM of mirage maneuvrability is not smooth, seems it has 2 state, under ~950 kph = low speed maneuvrability (very maneuvrable) , over ~950 high speed maneuvrability (good energy retention for a Delta). No in between, not smooth, it’s either one state or another.

Fox 3 in this update, feel like they are in their first batch of introduction, playable but surely not finished.
Hope that Magic 2 fix, MICA (smokeless/reduced smoke) fix, and most important the avionics (radar, hmd) part will be fixed soon.

6 Likes

You can add the flight model in arcade battles that handle like a brick, everyone seems to be blind about that.

why are the micas worse then the dev sever version.
they are so easy to defeat.

@Zayf has make a report about M4K drag, and sadly it got denied.

Yeah, and as you can see from this graph, M4K actually is have the most drag aircraft before reaching Mach 1 and yet only have a small margin when it reaches rip speed despite being a Delta-Canard Configuration.

1 Like

This all sounds pretty accurate from my experience with the 2K-5F this update.

A lot of the former top tier jets have been made much less meta by the introduction of ARH missiles. I hope ARH carriers get forced up to 13.3 or 13.7, as that would give 12.7 some breathing room at least.

5 Likes

The explosive should be 12kg, not 4kg…

1 Like

i have no issues with magic 2 to be honest and they do feel better now compared to last update but yeah mica needs its fin AoA back and a smaller notch sector mirage needs a smoother FM and more CM
Also a radar rework would be nice not just for the RDY
chaff needs to be less effective at close range and radar burn through needs to be implemented ( meaning that at close range any pd radar with the capability to lock off boresight should not have issues locking a target that is deploying chaff or not and even when the target is deploying chaff, the chaff is ineffective because the radar will take priority on the bigger target over the tiny chaff cloud even on a close rear aspect lock when chaff can be deployed between the target and the radar because the target is to close for chaff to be effective

Do we think there is any chance of it getting an actual HMD instead of the two rings, maybe the Scorpion HMD or some type of TopSight/Owl?

has someone reported it?

I do not think so, but it is a bit iffy since alot of the HMD’s were tested but never fully serviced like the Topsight and Topsight-E. But According to Thales on their website the Scorpion HMD can be mounted to the LA-100 (the helmet you see most M2K pilots wearing).

Anyone experiencing wing snap get so easily now? Does this have something to do with the lack of rollrate in the current FM? Usually I can dodge a Phoenix easily with a turn+roll, now it always snap.

2 Likes

It hasn’t happened at low altitude, but at high altitude it happens to me too.

Yes that’s the downside of the new FM and the more permissive instructor. Sadly it seems to be an instructor thing that happens when it combines inputs for elevators, ailerons and rudder.

Best way of adapting to that is flying more with the keyboards.

Well, no more crazy rolling then.

Yeah, gonna need to adapt to the new FM, it seems I’m still get used to the classic FM. Either way, it’s still nice to have Mirage 2000 that now can turn in high speed, something the old FM can’t do.

Hey what kind of fuel load do you guys take on the -5F now? I’m used to taking 20-30 min (no drop tank) on the other 2000s or 4000, since when you’re afterburning and hugging the ground it felt like I’d usually use 1/3-1/2 of that by the time the teams merged. But now bringing that much on the -5F feels too sluggish in a climb or flying defensive at altitude.