Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

I carry around 19 minutes internal simply due to i was wing ripping if i carried anymore and then a drop tank.

Do you have the boosters instaled?
I always uninstall the boosters and that makes sure the plane wont snap, true you lose a bit of agility but you can pull at will.

Damn, without boosters thats a new layer of suffering. Haven’t ripped at all so far carrying 2x magic + 6 mica + 20min fuel. I am pretty reckless while flying as well

Same.
For the Mirage 2000s, I’ve never ripped with 20min fuel and AA armements, including with 8 AAM in the new FM.
For me, ripping my wings mostly happen at 20+min fuel and/or full AG load out for CAS, and only in those 2 conditions :

• at the heaviest, when performing high G flat turns from mach.9 for a prolonged period of time (5s or more), at medium-low altitude, I sometimes get more than 13G and just snap a wing at some very specific speed (hence the long time, causing me to slow down and reach that speed)
  • When performing combined maneuvers including pitching, rolling and drifting (usually with mouse aim)

On some planes, like the 29, booster are a must, because otherwise they roll like a sedated hippo.

1 Like

I’ve snapped a wing maneuvering above mach more this past week in my S4 than I have in my other 800+ battles with it. Tho I love the high speed FM improvements since I’m having a much easier time kinematically dodging Aim 7M/F and wasteful 54s at high alt multiple times in a row

1 Like

I think for the wing snap happens when we’re bringing full loadout it’s not just because of the new FM, but also the fuel loadout filling out the wing fuel tank.

To compensate this, to bring a 30 minutes of fuel, better to have 20 minutes of internal fuel with 1 drop tank, this make my wing snap less.

2 Likes

Will Gaijin really fix the Mirage 2000’s FM and a series of issues in the future, and add two more drop tanks as well?

1 Like

Any news for the mica range fix ?? Because now its very sad to see my mica dont hit a target at 30km x)

Is anyone else getting an issue with the Targeting pod is not locking onto ground targets at all now? Auto tracking is not working. So far ive only tested on the m2k5f. Cannot lock onto anything using GBUs or AGMs, gotta keep it on target using mouse control in targeting view constantly.

1 Like

I call bull, I did a full missile test with a friend of time to collision at 10km incriments with speed indications and at 40km the MICA consistently collides at speeds around ~1.3 mach making it the slowest speeds recorded for a fox 3 at collision with the 2nd slowest time to collision of around ~40 seconds. This does not count if the target is maneuvering.

1 Like

I also have a concern, while I’m loving the flight model changes for this new fox 3 environment the roll rate nerf under mach 1.1 hurts. Is this low-speed roll change realistic? I just want to know where Gaijin got this info in specific.

2 Likes

open ur radar to track.I think its a bug

I’m pretty certain it is not going off of pilot interviews.

Can you explain exactly what you mean by this.

There are radar bugs causing other things not to function properly. Try turning radar off or locking something and see if it starts to work.

Please see these screen shots provided about the issue i am talking about with auto tracking not working. The first shows the Mirage2000 5F with the DAMOCLES targeting pod and i am unable to lock onto ground targets. The 2nd and 3rd images show the Jaguar A with the ALTIS || targeting pod which is locking onto the ground targets as normal. Can someone please advise if this is a bug as it worked on the Mirage2000 5F before the update.

I dont know why you are having this issue but i used my Mirage2k on Ground Rb yesterday and DAMOCLES was working perfectly fine.

The issue occurs when the radar is off, as for some reason the target tracker doesnt work when the radar or sensor is off.

If u have the radar on all the time then it shouldnt happen.

This issue atleast for me, is not exclusive to the Mirage 2000

Huh, thats interesting, although i’ve never turned off my radar as you said so it makes sense that why i never countered this problem before.