Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

Should be, at least that was the case for all the previous changes

MICA EM’s range and speed is correct. At high alt, with a target traveling in a straight line towards you, MICA EM should arrive first to the target compared to the AIM-120 if the launch range was 30km, or even 40km. The problem is that when the targets are maneuvering, the MICA EM over leads so much that it has to overcorrect very often leading it to be wasted.

In launches where the both planes are at 1,000 meters and Mach 0.9, MICA EM arrives to the target at ranges less than 15-16km than other missiles. Realistically at low altitude, most people are shooting at 10km or lower, where MICA should definitively win.

Source: Modern ARH (FOX 3) Missile - History, Performance & Discussion - #438 by dark_claw

At higher altitude, the range at where MICA EM should arrive to the target before other missiles increases to 30-40km. But all of it becomes useless as soon as the target moves around and the MICA overleads

So long as this report doesn’t get fixed, then AIM-120s will continue to remain as the only viable BVR weapon: MICA EM is missing proportional navigation laws // Gaijin.net // Issues

9 Likes

I just want you to know that I love you for your hard work

3 Likes

Whats funny is it seems like launching your own 530D triggers your own MAWS.

I get an insane a insane amount of crits from MICA and low kill

1 Like

What options does france have for a Rank 8 premium?

I have been exclusively flying the 2000C-S4, and don’t have any interest in anything before rank VIII

Maybe an other country Mirage 2000, such as a greek one.
We don’t really know tbh.

Edit: some datamines showed a NF5E, a F5E from the netherland but it would not be anything like 11.0+ material for sure.

Mirage MF2000 which would be a Mirage F1 with MICA and Magic 2s, and HMD. Would have possibility for targeting pod and AASM Hammer for air to ground capability.

2 Likes

the Greek Mirage 2000EG would be the best, in game it would basically be like a 2000C-S5 with a new camo, others first generation exported Mirage 2000 are not as good and i’m not expecting any 2000-5 standard, or any other Fox3 carriers, as premium any time soon.

for French used planes, there is little room :
the 2000C-S3 late is an option but clearly worse than the others because of the engine, the older M53-5, so it would only be interesting if the better powered S4 and S5 go up to 12.0.
The 2000D-R2 is also on the table, but usually the first premiums of a new rank are fighter aircrafts so it’s unlikely for now.

We can also think of an early Mirage 4000, with Magic 1, Super 530F and weaker M53-2 or M53-5 engines, but i would say it’s even more unlikely.

For the benelux, the F5 is Rank VII material and it would be a shame if the first rank 8 french premium would be a dutch F-16 per example… but it’s possible.

i would say it’s unlikely because i can’t see gaijin adding a premium plane with Fox 3 that fast, i would expect this move for the next year.

Wouldn’t a better solution be for Gaijin to fix the wobbling issue they introduced, which is effecting most missiles now (even the AIM-9M wobbles all over the place)?

IRL, is the M2K MAW like the harrier gr7 with a PD maw? or is it more like the aardvark maw where it just detects IR targets?

That’s just your hacks acting up.

Magic 2 also wobbles, but with the wobbling it meets the performance charts. I can’t say the same for AIM-9M, but if it also wobbles while meeting performance charts, then there’s technically no issue, and then fixing the wobble overall might cause missiles such as Magic 2 and AIM-9M to overperform.

Currently MICA EM in offline testing meets the 20km VL scenario (albeit barely), and it has no wobbles in the offline testing.

(Thanks to Dedale for the image)
shot_2024.06.19_18.33.46

6 Likes

Is it just me or does the RDY in HMD mode absolutely refuse to lock onto anything? Or worse, lock onto chaff instead when enemies fly directly headon towards you. It has killed me at least 5 times unnecessarily, which is quite frustrating

There is a report about it already

I must’ve missed that. Hope it gets adressed soon then

First time seriously playing the M2k seriously in a while and my overall opinion so far is perfect.

The 5F is in every way for this type of new meta. It can fly defensively & maintain energy effectively. Got MAW (just using the warning), the best fuel economy & of course the MICA & RDY. That radar has always been outstanding & now you can really enjoy it.

Additionally, we actually can put more games into the M2k to grind out a whole new line of aircraft.

GJ hooked us up this patch. I am a little concerned about the M4K. Weren’t we supposed to get more CMs or something?

4 Likes

I’m actually concerned about the M4K becoming irrelevant. Magic 2 buffs could keep it more relevant as well as CM buffs, but neither of those has occurred besides the smaller guidance delay buff this patch.

As you can see from his conclusion, MICA EM should be the best within 30km as I had said earlier and competitive with AIM-120 at 40km at high alt, but it’s only if the target is not manuevering.

In fact, if they implement the proportional navigation laws, I could see MICA EM becoming more competitive than AIM-120A in BVR against manuevering targets since it is expected to have lower drag loss in manuevers.

5 Likes