Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

Make sure you bind the controls to be able to turn the MAW autodropping CMs on and off. I really like the extra notifications you get, but I can’t stand the automatic deployment of CMs. I use it for the warning only and do all the CMs manually.

2 Likes

Got a question about the sea level top speed of the m2k. I know the internet says top speed is mach 1.2 but obviously the in-game m2k is much faster due to the 1.2 top speed being modeled as the rip speed. Is there a source that says the mach 1.2 speed is airframe limited instead of drag limited?

No specific source, but the M2K has a very low drag index, and plenty of excess thrust to overcome it and overspeed the airframe with relative ease.

I got that part but I’m confused as to what actually triggers the notification. Especially on how it deals with IR notifications

To my knowledge all MAWS are copy pasted from the F-111A’s MAWS atm

Flares can trigger ur MAWS

2 Likes

Can people stop spreading this easily disprovable lie?.

DDM functions like all the modern MAWs (like the helicopter ones) with 360 degree coverage with 7.5km range

f111 is rear only with less range and doesnt have any closure rate false posivite rejection

1 Like

Can anyone verify a sound bug with the Mirage 2000D

I can’t hear any countermeasures sound effect when deploying CMs

1 Like

Yup same, i thought cm were broken again.

But i guess it’s the same for every jet, i think the jaguar didn’t made noise too ?

Mirage 2000-5F HMS PD not locking

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/tFXWrcE2H1xC

2 Likes

Thanks ! I was wondering if I was the only having issues with HMD lock

2 Likes

You aren’t, and it seems M2K is the only one to have this problem

4 Likes

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/4mMHM1ecSWnq

Testing shows that in off-line testing, the MICA EM no longer has wobbling anymore, allowing it to perform correctly. However in live matches the MICA EM does wobble a bit and it drains it of energy/range.

In a certain scenario where I shot the MICA EM rear-aspect at 6.5km, the MICA EM had hit the target in off-line testing. But in a custom match with bots, the MICA EM couldn’t even hit the same target at 6.4km.

The conclusion is that Gaijin should increase the MICA EM’s range to compensate for these wobbles.

It is important this time that you guys click the “I have the same issue” button for this report.

15 Likes

I see French bug report i press “i have the same issue” button.

4 Likes

same ooh france good enough for me no reading required

1 Like

am i mistaken or the range of the mica em is already not far enough for how it should perform by reading the stat card ? Because if i remember well mica em is supposed to be 80km like aim120 and just the mica ir is like 70km at least lower than the one of the mica em because of the seeker or something else.

Or maybe they said somewhere that mica em would be 50 to balance it ?

its just hard capped rn, at least on the dev server it had battery time and energy to go past 50km but would just self explode

live server = desync
this is what makes super fast ATGMs wobbly too (LOSAT)

What setup are you runing for flare chaffs?

This ui makes no sense for me

Might be a stupid question but was every mirage 2000 affected by the flight model changes? Even 2000D r1?