Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

maybe I don’t understand the loft value

if it is 5 degrees doesnt that mean in level flight that the missile angles up at 5 degrees to gain altitude before coming back down?
(I am wondering why you’d test this in a vertical launch)

The loft code is very complex, and what I wrote was very simplistic, but it did reduce the loft angle.

Why I would test this for vertical launch is because the MICA EM is also used in vertical launch SAMs and on ships for self defense, it is stated to have a 20km range coverage, and part of how it obtains this range is by grabbing altitude to cruise down.

Not really… its literally 4 values and we know what each does and how to manipulate them.

Well, it’s easier for me to say that its complex than to actually explain how all 4 values work and their relationship with each other. If someone did a write up of it, then I could point people towards that

Ppl already have done writeups of it and its not particularly complex to explain either.

Do u have any links to the writeups or explainations? I would like to see how it works

1 Like

Links or screenshot?

Why would I bother? You’ve been involved in the conversations in question, and you’re saying you could explain it. You’re just asking me to do your work for you.

You’ve actually generally been quite negative of any loft testing until this point.

Just because I’ve participated in conversations regarding loft mechanisms doesn’t mean there was at any point in time an actual write-up done on the loft mechanisms in detail. I’m not asking anyone to do any work for me. It’s just that you claimed there’s already existing write-ups of lofting mechanisms explained in detail. Could you please reply to LuaJa who asked you a question?

7 Likes

Why are you so embittered like that ? He just said he considered this complex, if you think it’s not then just explain or provide a link for some explanations, no need to be salty for such a simple topic…

9 Likes

No need to pretend a topic is overly complicated when he knows its not

Yes maybe, but this is really not a big deal tbh, we can keep the discussion cordial =)

Not like im not being uncordial, just mentionning that he should stop gatekeeping knowledge he has and that i wont do the work explaining it for him

Can someone tell me how i can use chaffs on mirage 2000 now, cuz even if i chose chaffs etc i cant use tehm, only flares, and game said that im having 48 chaffs.

The CMs are bugged rn

gotcha, so no link?

1 Like

It can only carry 2 Magic 2s right now yea?

Well, it’s seems that everyone is affected by this bugged cm. Hell it’s even worse that Su-25 spawn with BARE cm, I guess that’s explain why everyone gets instantly dying from Fox 3 in Air RB match.

it’s more than enough for its BR, you have 4 missile that gurantee 4 kills if you know what to do, unlike 6 AIM-9L which doesn’t gurantee 6 kill easily.

It’s seems they fix it now, but my problem is now that carrying full flare will always gives you 48 chaff, it’s a straight debuff like the 256 CM of Mirage F1 now carries only 192 CM.

This is straight up a debuff