Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

did the mirage 2000d ever have anything more than 2 magics?

No.

1 Like

The modernized version can use MICA, if that’s what you’re asking

i know about the upgraded rmv just wasn’t sure if the r1 could carry more

and i wonder if we could ever see this gunpod in game

i know its on the f1cs but would be nice to free up the center pilon

2 Likes

There will be another 2000D added with it.

If I’m not wrong, that’s also only on the RMV. What’s interesting is that devs have looked into this gunpod and the RMV apparently. So perhaps we might see RMV with MICA IR in the future?

ah hard to tell variants for me from the bottom lol

seems odd they didn’t just use it because it goes by the same logic as the current gun pod that it could use it but never did but instead they make a whole new model that wasn’t even added to the plane that used it. instead of using a model that is already in game lol but thou shalt not question thy snail

Okay, this is a bit incorrect.
The pod we got is indeed used by the 2000D. It is an older pod, that is confirmed.
Obviously we’d all prefer the lighter pod, but the one we have is accurate.

ah all I’ve seen is reports that said it never used it

The S530D such a “powerful” missile that is unable develop even Mach 1.5 near ground, which why not able to track target normally🤣

1 Like

It’s not new that the missile bugs and is badly coded why saying this here and now?

This just makes me laugh ¯_(ツ)_/¯

For the time being,… this missile should have been fixed,…

And the problem is reccurent 5o any AIR-AIR Systems,… as Magics are cyrrently so easy to flare off your tail, while sometimes 9L keeps tracking you after flaring 30 times and engines at 0% power,…

So,… there is a French Bashing going on from Gaijin,… and it’s likely that Devs thinks it as being normal,…

3 Likes

There is no French bashing, any kind of test will show the AIM-9L has worse flare resistance than Magic 2 currently. Regardless, the Magic 2 should have significantly improved countermeasure resistance in the future.

5 Likes

The thing is.

Why in the future? R27T just got buffed with flare resistance, right now its basically the best A2A missile when it comes to firing from rear angle.

İf they can buff R27T they can sure buff Magic2 now.

2 Likes

The Magic 2 is a 50G missile with superior IRCCM capabilities to anything the R-27T has currently. It will legitimately be better than the R-73 or R-27T ever was on the dev server. (Or should be, at least).

Let’s say gaijin consider upgraded Magic II this year. We guess Mirage F1CT, Mirage 2000C S5 and Mirage 2000-5F increase battle rating ?

The last time R-27T was buffed was in February, and that buffed drag performance.
It had flare resist nerfed in February as well.
There has been no other change to flare resistance of R-27T since its release into WT.

1 Like