Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

Yeah exactly, pretty sure it’s modeled to only use the frontal winglets for guidance instead of using both the frontal and rear

@ミーナ

When Gaijin finishes disseminating Magic 2 IRCCM, and have BRs adjusted for aircraft with Magic 2s, they’ll implement them.

@DirectSupport

I’m willing to assert that another F-1 is added with Magic 1s instead of removing Magic 2s from the other F-1s.

That is not how that works, the canards provide the torque for turning… the rear only spins to align itself properly with whatever direction the missile is maneuvering. (It maneuvers with both sets of canards always and as such should be combined plane 100% of the time).

1 Like

I think 50G, IRCCM + improved range for Magic 2 will yield too much of a discrepancy and all current Mirage F1’s will lose their Magic 2s and be adjusted down in BR.

1 Like

What do you think Magic 2’s range is?

In game. In real life both of the control surfaces are used for turning

Unfortunately I can’t share any information on it’s actual range. However the range (both seeker and kinematic) are underperforming in-game and that is evident from public sources. It’s unlikely seeker range will be fixed however since my FOIA for the Magic 2 document was denied.

What’s its seeker range? I remember hearing it had insane sensitivity

You don’t understand how the missile is controlled.

My predictions for future changes/additions:

Mirage 2000-5F (Late 2023):
Updated flight model
Updated Super 530D
Updated Magics
HMS
MAWS
Increased CMs

Mirage 2000-5F (Early 2024):
Updated radar
4x MICA EM introduced (gimped)

Mirage 2000-5F (Late 2024):
Updated MICA EM
Updated MAWS

Mirage 2000-5F (Early 2025):
6x MICA IR (gimped)

Mirage 2000-5F (Late 2025):
Updated MICA-IR and additions of MICA-IR features

Rafale F.3 (Early 2026) :
PESA Radar
MICA EM/IR
AASM with Damocles

Rafale F.3 (Late 2026):
Updated PESA radar
Updated AASM
Updated flight model
Updated OFS to interact with MICA-IR

Rafale F.4 (Early 2027)
AESA radar
Meteor
Talios pod

Rafale F.4 (Late 2027)
Updated AESA radar
Updated Meteor
Updated Optronics
Updated flight model
Updated Scorpion HMS
Updated Talios
MICA NG

3 Likes

And updated = bug-reported/fixed, cause you can’t expect things to be implemented well on the first try.

Okay, I’ll make it a yes or no question so you don’t have to disclose controlled information.
Do you think War Thunder’s 15km range is too short?

@DirectSupport

We’ll just get Mica IRs on Rafale TBH, unless Gaijin can find a 12.7/13.0 replacement for Mirage 2000 5F.

MICA-IR on M2K-5 would be a lot less potent than on Rafales, so if Gaijin was smart they’d add it to the M2K-5. And we already got confirmation from Smin not to expect Rafales anytime soon.

I’ve already answered that, and no CUI need be released. It’s publicly known that the magic 2 has an increase in range over magic 1.

We got confirmation for MICAs, which means MICA RFs, not IRs.

I understand that, but we got confirmation not to expect Rafales anytime soon compared to something like Gripen. Your theory would be that the M2K-5 is gonna be stuck with just 4x MICA EM + Magics for a very long time and nothing else.

Yes, because Rafale will be 13.0+.
However, Mirage 2000-5F with MICA IRs would also be 13.0+.
Whereas with just MICA RFs it can be potentially justified for 12.7.
6x RFs + 2x Magic 2s.

M2K-5s can only carry 4x RFs. And it would be very weird for them to not add MICA IR to M2K-5 when the M2K is what’s most associated with the missile.

1 Like

Nah, 6.
4 on the belly pylons that are MICA RF compatible only, and 2 on the outermost pylons that are RF & IR compatible.

The outermost pylons can only be for Magic 2s or MICA IR when it comes to the M2K. Here’s Dassault saying as much. Note the lack of MICA RF on outermost pylons.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/955829235493273680/1134157212730798100/dassaultcover.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/955829235493273680/1134157240769716224/dassaultoutermost.png

Link: 1.01 MB file on MEGA

1 Like