Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

Aren’t we all purple ?

1 Like

anyone else having problems with proximity fuses on your missiles

1 Like

It’s a problem with all missiles currently. It’s encouraged to get videos and tacview clips for now atm.

1 Like

I don’t think this clip has been posted here before, but if anyone is interested in seeing the MICA EM attempt a 360 degree loop, here’s a video by @_SPECTRA. I’m interested in seeing if the MICA EM will be able to successfully do a loop once they fix the wobbliness since it drains the energy of the missile.

4 Likes

Well technically if you purely look at stats it is said that MICA makes a 180° turn in 3 sec knowing the missile has 6.75 sec of burntime it can theorically do a 360 in 6 sec

3 Likes

It should at the very least be capable of doing so. The DGA stated it’s capable of doing 100 degrees a second (360 degrees in 3.6 seconds), but too many bugs with it. If you look in the video, it even stops pulling sometimes. We’ll have to revisit in June how it does.

1 Like

Well wobbles stop it normally it should have a way more fluid turn of course. All relies on if they can resolve stability + flat spin problems + add the ETA table you already mentionned the MICA EM not having.

1 Like

Back to bug reporting or is this just a one-off?

One question i had in mind for quite some time now is : why is the Mirage 2000C’s RDI limited to PD HDN only ? Went to find some sources and came across this :

https://www.forecastinternational.com/archive/disp_old_pdf.cfm?ARC_ID=1642

(page 2)

IF this source is to be trusted, this implies :

• a nerf of 30 km (150 to 120) to the head-on range (unless stat card is wrong, i didn’t check the files)
  • adding a TWS PD mode, same for tracking, with a maximum detection range of 50km on a cold target.

Is there something i’m misunderstanding and does Gaijin have some contradictory source, or is it worth looking for other sources to make a bug report ?

Forecast international is a pretty awful source most of the time and usually isn’t used as a secondary for bug reports.

ok good to know,
thanks

There’s some misunderstandings. But the long story short is, it’ll eventually all be fixed to match what that document shows.

The long story is, RDI radar has only HPRF and LPRF, no MPRF.

But, HPRF radars are still supposed to be able to lock onto cold targets at long ranges at nearly the same range (100km+) so long as there’s a positive closure rate. There’s a bug report on this and we don’t know when they’ll eventually get around to fixing HPRF’s inability to lock onto cold targets.

The other thing is that the RDI radar is set to 120km for a 5m^2 target which is accurate. But for a bigger target like F-14 or Su-27, it could go up to 150km or more.

So as soon as they fix the HPRF mode and increase the render ranges, then the radar will match what you see on the document.

2 Likes

The MBC filters turn off or all HPRF radars in lookup these days, did that not improve the rear aspect performance for RDI?

Tested it myself, if it had a tighter doppler notch it would be more noticeable the improvement when the MBC filter turns off. Its pretty difficult to keep the target in a HPRF track in rear aspect. It can be done but the conditions need to be pretty spot on.

1 Like

I was referring to this, it shows that in a positive closure rate situation where if the target is in the clutter during a look down situation, the range obtained in rear aspect is nearly the same as front aspect.

And this is done with a relatively old HPRF radar

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/975799056402112523/1089898018184110150/2023-02-27_6.png?ex=660ab120&is=65f83c20&hm=c580efd541823ac940d2e25723221dabd53e5ddb7c795a4f084ba4d75a11f76b&

2 Likes

Right I figured, I was just talking of the current in game situation. I mostly spend my life enjoying the bliss that is the Fox Hunter Stage-2G. Which based on all the radars I’ve used is just so much better.

1 Like

But isn’t that radar still gimped in rear aspect?

Hell no, Stage-2G can easily track in all aspect in its HPRF mode. There are some nuances when there is excess clutter combined with look down. Or if you end up cospeed. But for the most part it will track in all aspect no issues.

1 Like

Abeam;

Spoiler

rear aspect;

Spoiler

Can be alittle tricky with the MIG-15’s as they’re a small target size, but larger RCS targets F-4’s F-16’s etc etc no problem.

More rear aspect;

Spoiler

1 Like

What was the case put forth to make this possible for a HPRF radar? Cause currently this radar has an even lower notch zone than MPRF radars

W/Z list radars were used as a basis then adjusted until it met this criteria;
Cover;

Spoiler

2 Likes