Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

I think that falls under the “reduced smoke” that he mentioned

1 Like

kinda hoping they add the mirage 2000-5f mk2 with rdy 2 and keep the current mirage 2000 5f where it is

The manufacturer of the missile explicitly stated “low smoke”. Perhaps you’re confusing it with smokeless which is what you see on the AIM-9M.

Smokeless
Low or reduced smoke
Regular smoke

5 Likes

AIM 9M is reduced smoke

2 Likes

Aim-9M doesnt produce visible smoke from distance except in certain scenarios which makes it pretty much smokeless in most cases.

5 Likes

Yeah but its called reduced smoke so if MICA is also reduced smoke it should be similar to 9M

2 Likes

You need to compare both missiles in exact scenarios to see if they produce same amount of smoke or not.

Otherwise you can just say it should be same as Aim-9M.

3 Likes

Well that will be hard but i was just pointing out that 9M is reduced smoke as well

1 Like

IMG_1239

4 Likes

That is how its described

2 Likes

İ know im just messing with ya :)

4 Likes

Remember that they’re from different companies, doesn’t necessarely means the same thing.

1 Like

Fair point

Do we have low altitude launch footages for MICA missiles? İt would actually help to see how much smoke does it produce during optimal conditions.

1 Like

@DirectSupport, you’d have to ask him.

3 Likes

@DirectSupport

Hey there.

Do you have any low altitude MICA missiles launch footages? İt would be nice to see how much smoke does it produce on optimal conditions actually.

1 Like

Yes, MICA missiles are used in vertical launch configuration for self-defense on ships so we have numerous videos. But check the videos linked in the report, one of the videos is a vertical launched configuration:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/mrmjVxlrZzhf

1 Like

MICA is purple flame which is all that matters

3 Likes

You’re purple.

5 Likes

You’re purplier.

5 Likes