Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

2001 is not the 90s

it was put in service in 2001 not developed

Yes im not on about pre production Rafales im on about early in service ones

Just a quick reminder than when France went for at least a PESA radar even for earliest production Rafales, EF kept it mechanical until they decided to make the Captor E in 2014. Which is being installed on typhoon atm. Meanwhile RBE2 AESA was there before Captor E and RBE2-XG is gonna once again bring the perfs up a lot.
Not even worth mentionning there is probably a better radar than RBE2 XG being developped for SCAF…

1 Like

No matter which, Rafale F4.1 apparently receievs upgrades for it’s radar while Eurofighter will receive multiple new radars.

Wdym by soon? And what radar?

Yes i know Eurofighter chose to wait till AESA was ready

Don’t go messing Radars and sensors.

ECRS mk2

Not possible, Rafale had PESA while F-15C still used mechanical in the 90’s.

Where am I?

Yes and the F15C was still better

It being PESA doesn’t mean its instantly superior

In range maybe not in probability of intercept/jamming

1 Like

Keep in mind just as with the old Bf109 Spitfire discussion you could argue for every step of modification of each aircraft.

1 Like

PESA does not automatically mean it’s superior but it had superior features such as LPI, did F-15C radar have that in the 90’s? I doubt it. At best you can argue it was a sidegrade and neither was worse or better.

2 Likes

It was superior the Rafale early PESAs where not good

I looked at the ECRS mk2… It has nothing that the RBE2 XG doesn’t already do better.

If I’m not wrong on the newest Rafale standard the F4.1 the RBE2 receives a GMTI mode while various Eurofighter operating nations are procuring different new radars for their aircraft.

ECRS MK.0/1/2

According to which sources? Especially since those are still being developed.
None of us will know or would share the stuff to really conclude which radar is better btu teh fact that new radars are being designed for Eurofighter makes it ratehr likely that they will be superior.

The HMD and integration of MICA NG as well as upgraded software are the biggest chanegs on Rafale I’d say.