Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

Fair enough i can delete if wanted
Can remove off topic

Didn’t know this. This explains the gripen situation. Wish we had a lover of Mirages and SU-27 in the dev team as well. Love it when my mirage and su-27 lose to a f-16/gripen in 1C.

I got the mirage-2000 through the event and im loving it, its like a perfected version of MIG-21 without any of the real downsides.

Any how what versions of the Mirrage 2000 have a fox 3 and how does it compare to AMRAAM

2000-5f mica em and 5f mk2 with mica em and ir

I heard people say they won’t be added with AMRAAMS as they are too good

I hope not another magic 2 situation happens

i also hope it doesn’t happen it would be a double standard if japan got aam4 as thats their only option france would still be limitd by missile count but we will see

I would doubt it as these people are so knowledgeable they don’t even know AMRAAM use two planes making it able to pull 50G’s too it’s just that TVC is much more efficient at close ranges than 2 plane maneuverability. MICA EM is highly probable to come but IR clearly not i’s a TVC missile with IR Imaging so one of the strongest IRCCM type in our times we don’t have many details about the seeker but considering the potential resolution some people managed to find out the missile and any other IIR missile would be hell for the current game.

MICA is TVC?

Yes. You did not know that?

Know im not familiar with French weaponry that why ive been asking

Thats very interesting

How much would the TVC impact range is something i want to find out

MICA has a lower range than other long range fox 3s such as r77, AIM120, and also the r27E family, to give you an idea

That seems to balance it out

Is TVC the only reason people say its would be too good

If so i can see it coming with AMRAAMS

1 Like

As Smin commented some time back, should stop saying “Magic 2 buff” when it’s a correction or fix to current performance (which so happens to be an improvement/“buff”). I feel like Gaijin is afraid/sensitive to “buff”. Almost like it’s an implication of getting ahistorical improved performance.

That aside, would be nice to finally see those fixes in.

1 Like

Depends how the TVC is used and the type of turn it has to make the MICA has 6.75 seconds of burn so consider that for almost 7 second the missile can TVC 50G’s after that due to energy loss G load drops and speed as well as range too. Complicated to calculate but for a rough number the MICA can pull the 50G TVC for almost 7 seconds which is very long.
But known infos on MICA EM range are :
80 kms of max range at high alt for a straight line shot
The missile lofts making it able to achieve great ranges even when launched from low alt
When ground launched the MICA EM can go up to 20 km from it’s launching point.

DISCLAIMER : Note that these stats concer only the MICA EM as its shape is more aerodynamic than the IR that has a dome shaped seeker

2 Likes

Thank you can’t wait to see it in action in game when it comes

All relies on if gaijin gimps it like Magic 2 or not but they won’t be able to as people have been gathering primar sources for reporting any inacuracy in the missile moddeling in the future. Among them you can count DirectSupport and Mig23M(Who has access to good sources but i can assure you he knows a lot about european tech, more than people assume he does according to the reputation he gained due to ruining some coping doods dreams)

4 Likes

Well then, if Gaijin really implement this (even only for only 1 major update period), this will absolutely wreck anything that comes within its range, but obviously also make every major country main mad because French must suffer.

This is what I fear, from how Gaijin buff French Aircraft, most I’ve seen is they also buffing the other aircraft to make French always the secondary power (instead of almost capable as the US for NATO Faction). Gaijin tend to buff French Aircraft only to make it simply can compete with other Aircraft, mostly not for meta breaking buff. That’s why back when the M2K-5F still stands at 12.0, and currently with the M2KC stands at 11.7, it still not meta breaking as Su-27. So, I agree buffing Magic 2 IFOV without adjusting the counterparts I guess wouldn’t be possible due to how Gaijin treat French TT.

Yet, @MiG-23M is right, the AD 3633 is a 4 IR Cell Passive seeker, that is able to search for target itself,… also called “Poor Man” IRST, and that basically shows that the missile should be able to see IR signature from far more away.

And said by “The Shooting Range” -Gaijin Youtube Show - to be the worst of IR toptier missile.

1 Like

ok didn’t say he is wrong on everything