Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

There is no -7,…

Just because built Mirage 5 that never reached Israel because of Embargo doesn’t mean the aircraft is different,… (only text were changed back to French one,the aircrafts themselves stayed the same internally)

1 Like

Yup, for some reason I get 7 and 9 mixed up.
Odd numbers are indeed odd.

Because there are so many other common Mirage 5 variants that the War Thunder community knows of.

Does this change any details of the point I made, or are you here just to knit-pick every word I say.

As if you were the only one i do that for,…

I just don’t think spreading some wrong information is doing french TT any favors ^^"

1 Like

I couldn’t care less who you do it for, it isn’t needed and adds nothing.

What wrong information? That the Mirage 50 is based off the 5, and the 2000 isn’t?

Hey you know what? Step back a little,…

Precising things is bad for no one,… if you took it personnal, then i’m sorry you didn’t make right in first place,…

I’m not going to make you another Ziggy,… and if this still keeps you in mild anger, then go for PM.

1 Like

It’s useful when you use it in a useful application.

Oh god, anything but that. Every day I wake up and give myself a 5 minute monologue about how I’ll never be like Ziggy :P

It cannot really work like that as changing lateral pull would be false they are right when they say the missile has 35G lateral pull. Thing is missile rotates it’s tail to pull lateral and vertical 35G resulting in 50G overall but changing lateral pull is just wrong(I may be wrong in the full reasoning as i don’t know much about duaal plane but can affirm changing lateral pull is wrong).

You’re false, the Magic 1 has a fixed tail. Which is why it can only pull 35G. Magic 2 changes in physical aspect that led to better performances is cuts in wingtail + free rotating tail section; no changes to the front of the missile

Besides Magic 2 and AAM-3 are there any other missiles currently in game that would benefit from duel plane/BTT? Maybe thats why they haven’t added them yet

1 Like

NOPE,… not even close true,… the Tails is free of rotation,… no engine activate anything about the tail,… the Tail is freely rotating over the axis to follow the flow, and stable the steering in order to avoid spinning the entire missile.

The Dual plane is only about the frontal moving parts of the Missiles, unlike previous missiles in the game, the dual planes is seperating the moves of both control surfaces pairs in order to use both pairs to pull a lateral 35G of their own,…

Then both forces are cumulated, in such:
Squareroot(35^2+35^2) = squareroot(2450) = 49.49G of total lateral pull

This only is working when the missile have an high state of energy (basically 1st pull of the missile), then it goes back to the current 35G, and 3rd pull makes it about 20G max.

1 Like

Technically AAM3 is 40G under dual plane so they deliberately coded it wrong so that it’s atractive but anyway only missile that would benefit from dual plane currently are Magic 2s as AAM3 would lose lateral pull.

1 Like

“The Magic has four fixed fins, four movable fins directly behind the fixed fins, and four notched fins on the tail, which is mounted on a bearing and is free to rotate independently of the missile.”
About Magic-1, and not Magic-2

Here a Magic-1

Here a Magic-2

And if you can’t see the bearing joint on both Missile, then i’ll have to use Paint and show you,…

2 Likes

Thank you, random fan that follows me around.

Kim Kardashian Eww GIF by Saturday Night Live

Maybe this isn’t the thread for this question, but with the Mirage 2000C-S4/5 still ‘under review’ and possibly going up in the next br changes, and it passed for consideration in December, would would the Mirage IIING or IIIEX be a good candidate to fill the gap between the 2000s and the F1?

1 Like

The Mirage IIING is the French plane I want most. It would be a great candidate to bridge that gap

1 Like

Yes, because GJ would need to fill out the BRs if those two aircraft go up.

That is an excellent idea.

I however, do not see GJ increasing their BR. I believe they are going to fill those 12.0-12.3 with lower performing active radar missile capable aircraft.

The J8F, JH-7A, MLU, ADFs, Harrier II, Sea Harrier, F1 Tornado, F4F ICE, MiG-21-98-2, MiG-23-98 etc. These lower performing Active radar missile aircraft will sit there.

The S5 & S4 will be severely out gunned in the BVR arena if it goes up.
Unless they unlock the Magic II performance to offset…

Hint, hint…

1 Like

The Mirage III NG and EX would be mostly a sidegrade to the Mirage F1, they share the same engine, the same weaponry ( not sure if they would get the Magic 2 however ) and the same radar, but in a Mirage III airframe.

What would be a good filler between the Mirage 2000C-S5 and the Mirage F1 would be the Mirage 2000C-S3, fitted with a M53-5 engine (worse than the M53-P2 of the S4/S5 but better than the Atar 9K-50 of the F1) and if it is added in its late iteration, can get the RDI radar and Super 530D instead of the RDM and Super 530F

3 Likes

Thats cool, but I am kind of burnt out of the copy paste 2000s though.

S3 is just going to be another copy paste only thing different is less performance. That would just piss me off personally. All just to easily & lazily fill a gap? Probably have the same exact color scheme too.

We have more capable unique Mirages like what Chad suggested IIING or IIIEX as well as very interesting export ones with better engines etc.

I guess time will tell.

2 Likes

If anything, the S3 should have been the one for the event… place it at lower BR than the S5. They degraded how special the S5 is with bringing in the S4 imo.

I do not even like to fly it anymore since its literally a copy paste to the event.

1 Like