Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

Magic-2 should be Superior to 9L in every ways,… (IRCCM and Frontal lock range / edit forgot about being more dominant in G department)

But slightly inferior to 9M in IRCCM department.

→ in game Magic-2 is dogshit, and 9M flies like a charm (but i still see people being mean about the later, … well i guess they have seen R-27ET and R-73,…)

Anyways,… since Magic-2 is impossible to sources on primary information (1986 missile + 50 years = 2036),… we can’t do much but let Gaijin decide our fate,…

Source: I’ve searched through US reports foundable online, about 9L/9M R.550-II

2 Likes

They did increase the range in a chase but only ever so slightly. I say if they want to keep the range as is for balance. Then give it more Gs. It’s still has a smoke signature and all mirages have to get in visual range to use them easily alerting the opponents anyway.

I can fire the M and R73 much further and remain undetected. The mirages have to get really close and alert the opponents and cannot grab as many kills that way. Their survivability is not as good as result.

If it has as many cm as the Gripen. Would be a different story. But it does not.

About G’s,… and the fact that it should reach 50G:
Dual plane steering is not modelized (one more thing to add,…but hey let’s say Kamovs without tails are not dead instead…).

We have secondary documents that says the missiles can structurally resist 135G before failing.

3 Likes

Btw: have you seen Shooting range #392?

Really fun to see Magic-2 the fearsome weapon, being rated under all other counterparts,… while not being fully modelized,… but watch the video first,… you’ll be surprised.

3 Likes

Dual plane Is a mechanic that needs new codes, structural limits are useless tò know they change nothing in wt.

2 Likes

what new mechanics? literally just change the value to dual plane one

1 Like

that needs to code the same thing, but consider 90° of direction,…

Tò use the dual plane magics have a rotating tail which Is not modelled in game

1 Like

Wasn’t both dual plane and BTT passed to devs as suggestions

1 Like

the rotating tail have nothing to do with dual plane,… dual plane is about the deflector in front of the missile.

the tail is free of rotation around the axis, both for Magic-1 and Magic-2

Go tò read the post they made about It

1 Like

LINK IT THEN,… Anyway,… gaijin don’t know how to read french,… even with primary sources, you need 5 sources saying exctly the same thing so that your BR is accounted uncorrectly yet only uncorrectly,…

so don’t make me laugh,… i know that Gaijin is wrong on that point.

It was made by a player and you Will search for It its not my problem.

1 Like

don’t claim something you can’t back up then,… you’re not giving the discussion any interesting point out of that.

Im giving It but it’s not important tò me as tò transform It into a job so if you are interested go make a research if not idc

doesn’t have to be modelled lol

1 Like

Yeah,… rant again,… you don’t know how Dual plane is working on magic-2 and you came saying something unrelated about the tail Free rotating which have nothing to do with Dual plane.

Hence… Why it’s called the Mirage 2000? Do you see it named the Mirage III or Mirage 5?
The Mirage 5F is based on the Mirage 5, just as the Mirage 2000-7 is based on the Mirage 2000-5

Another screenshot for the Ziggy folder!

1 Like

Sadly we don’t have access to the full manual, only a few pages