Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

@RideR2 is diligently at work doing sustained turn rate charts for all the new top tiers here.

6 Likes

I know this is besides your point, but the first fighter to receive high performing all aspect IR missiles was the Italians in the F-104S ASA.

But same principle and for same reasoning to your point.

Anyway. I screwed up not getting the 4k first. I love this jet and they put in the Desert camo?! You did not remind me!?!

I thought it was possible to carry more flares on this thing. Bel can it or nah? Thats my only complaint so far.

Other than that, I actually like the lack of HMD. Since the jet already has the nose authority to put a nose on a target it becomes a hinderance.

Unfortunatley for Gaijin convenience Mirage 4000 is going to be the first plane to suffer the “waiting till the separate flare/chaff compartments” are added. Meaning that Flare ammount of Mirage 4000 is technically correct as you can count 112 cartridges in the flare compartments (Bottom of CM Pods) the rest of CMs, which are only chaffs; will be added later when Chaff/Falre separate drop is added. And technically that means waiting until Fox3 so either in 3 or 6 months. For now 112 CMs is final.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! Makes sense.

Have not been following much on the 4k are we missing anything else in terms of flight performance? I do feel acceleration can be a little better. But that’s just me.

Ah, that’s correct.

1 Like
2 Likes

20 Minutes of fuel with 8x Matra Magics. Pulling no Gs or whatsover, rolling the aircraft above mach 1 causues one of the wings to declare its independence and flyoff. can you guys also replicate the issue? Could be placebo but i don’t remember this happening two to three days ago…

7 Likes

Yeah. Started happening to me, strangely enough.

4 Likes

I do not have the 4000 but I experienced this same exact problem with practically every single top tier aircraft in the game. Might be some spagetti code or something.

1 Like

I actually think this is the most visually appealing aircraft besides the Flanker this patch. It is definitely much more fun to fly.

4 Likes

AB: Mirage 4000: OK for 12.3

but,
AB: Mirage 2000-5F with 12.0 is too high,
maybe 11.7 should be more appropriated. it wouldnt change much for MM but thats what BR are made of ?!

Difference in efficiency between 4000 & 2000 is huge. Certainly more than a 0.3 difference (more a 1.0)

around [4-10] kills/battle for 4000
around [0 -2] kills/battle for 2000

And… Little issue with 4000: cant jettison bombs & missiles

2 Likes

The 4000 was only “planned” to use the next gen aam (MICA) but given this project was scrapped before the MICA was even made, I would doubt it. It would be hilarious if it were possible since it would carry fully twice the amount the Rafale does, albeit with a worse sensor suite.

1 Like

But the Mirage 4000 was not technically scrapped iirc it entered service albeit as a test bed. But official French Air Force service in a test squadron, no?

Being that it was in service at the time of the MICA and technically possible. Can it be given?

Or am I just begging at this point?

We won’t ever really have more than 6 missiles (besides M4K) until Late Rafale with it’s 8 missiles. The French TT community will have to cope in other ways to make up for the deficiency in number of missiles.

1 Like

Mark my words, the best the french air tree will get is the 2000-5F when it gets MICA. It has everything you could want and will be a lower BR than the Rafales. The FR4 will be very good too but that’s years off most likely.

1 Like

Soon enough 2000 5F will have MICA IR/EM.

1 Like

I think that the planes that will be equiped with amraams will go up in br (like the harrier with the 9m)

But if the ceiling performance are us/urss the mica will be butchered like the magic 2 are

3 Likes

YAK-141, F-16AJ
THough it is a shame a more developed Mirage 4000 variant woudl take away from Mirage 2000 as well as Rafale.

1 Like

Good point.

We cannot forget the Yak141. Gaijin did entirely guess where countermeasure pods would go… and modelled it in.

But you are right :(