Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

F-16AJ is an even better candidate I think while YAK-141 is more in the position of a Horten IX regarding implementation or addition in the first place.

1 Like

Yak-141 is in the same boat as VB-10.02.

3 Likes

The VB siply did not meet requirements, was that the case for YAK-141 as well?
I thought the biggest issue for the YAK was the collapse of the USSR and loss of funding as well as know how.

Mirage 4000 was not supported by the Armée de l’Air and on the export market did not have much of a perspective either.
Horten like YAK would likely have entered service in some way shape or form.

F-16AJ was nothing but a proposal as far as I know that never went as far as the 4000 did.
If AJ receives AIM-120 Magic should be added to Mirage 4000 as well but in the end Gaijin does of course go case by case.

How a project was cancelled doesn’t matter for prototype additions in War Thunder.
Also AJ can’t carry 120s.

AJ never existed what does it matter?
It might not matter how it was cancelled but you would usually deduct some tendencies.
Speculation must be based on something after all.
Unlike Mirage 4000 Horten as well as other prototypes at that Br and arguably even F-16AJ even though for a few patches only and as laughable as that soudns filled a gap.

1 Like

The aircraft that F-16AJ is does exist, and was only used to test AIM-7s, AMRAAMs didn’t exist.
Mirage 2000 5F is better for MICA EMs than Mirage 4000 anyway.
F-16AJ will be delisted in the future as well.

1 Like

This is all cool and things but it’s not relevant for the thread / discussion. You have your gripes about whether or not something existed you can take it up somewhere else.

Justifying things by comparison to what was done for other countries is entirely pointless because Gaijin makes these decisions on a case by case basis.

2 Likes

F-16AJ is a addition as reasonable as a certain French F-15 would be.
Wether Mirage 4000 will receive MICA we will have to see. As far as the game goes everything is possible in that regard.
Delisted?

2 Likes

Yes, delisted, like what happened with Panther 2.
And nah, they’ll just add Rafale for a MICA “Mirage 4000” instead, cause they’ll want to keep Mirage 4000 12.3/12.7 instead of 13.3/13.7.

1 Like

I can imagine M4K left alone with 530D/Magic 2, and Mirage 2000-5F will have the MICA EM and Magic 2 while MICA IR is locked behind Rafale.

3 Likes

You guys all bring up good points.

I am thinking there is some hope the for 4k receiving MICAs.

Because without the implementation of the Rafale, a MICA armed M2k 5F will be awesome of course, but will be underpowered and outgunned (number of missiles) compared to the competitors that can carry many Aim-120, Modelled Aim54s, R77 & active R27 platforms.

I mean a harrier alone can carry 6x Aim-120s and 2x sidewinders still.

The M4K will be rendered obsolete the moment active missiles come in and it gets nothing. Will they swap BRs? M4K goes down and 5F goes up in its place?

Seems odd and possible at the same time. You guys are the French aviation community. So I do not know what’s best. You guys would have a better idea.

Perhaps MICA IR only since its avionics are somewhat terrible.

1 Like

The mirage 2000 5F can actually carry MICA IR, while the first Rafale variants could not. I think you inverted both platforms. So that would make more sense that the MICA IR would first be locked behind the 5F instead of the early rafale, which is way closer to what I expect we will se in terms of capabilities by the end of 2024.

1 Like

He’s not referring to capability he’s referring to a balancing decision Gaijin might make.

I personally think that in the Warthunder META, the MICA might be better than even the longer ranges US and USSR counterpart, first with the MICA being 50G thrust vectoring (down to a very respectable 30c engine off), and second, with the possibility of using MICA IR which would be simply dirty. Great range, maneuverability, and IRCCM, along the fact of not triggering RWR would be a deadly combo.
The R27ET is a slept on missile and still is extremely good, while the MICA IR is simply better in every way.
Maps are still very small, and most fights happens in a 30km radius, so having the longest range isn’t META defining. The R27ER isn’t great mainly because of its range, it’s great because of it speed and acceleration.

1 Like

The thrust vectoring is important, but the AIM-120A is already 35G single plane (50G combined plane). Depending on how they add it, could be much more useful for anything aside high off boresight shots.

The MICA IR for all intents and purposes does the same thing as the R-73 / R-27ET combination but it has less kinematic range and speed than the R-27ET…

True, but it does come with a way better seeker (if Gaijing ever want to actually not nerf French seekers to much like the magic 2) than those missiles AFAIK

The late models of the R-27ET would also be equipped with improved seekers. Aside from that, it has competition from the ASRAAM for close range and the R-73 already fulfills a good role for HOBS specific shots.

The Magic 2 is already supposed to be 50G and have the best IRCCM in the game but it is being held back.

5 Likes

And every reports on subjects are denied, even though the 50G is only for high energy state,…

High energy state when:
→ rocket is burning : 2.2sec
→ missile was launch for a straight line meaning it kept a lot of energy.

That’s a bit different to the MICA which keeps the 50G far longer than Magic-II ^^"

1 Like

Isn’t it like that for all missiles, max G overload is a limit not something the missile is doing all the time

1 Like