Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

Most of time i complain bout missile track and guidance issue. After the release of the update, i only noticed a lot of bug with the RDY lock and guidance with 530D.
it work worst than before
Magic 2 work pretty well for me

all SARHs seem to be wonky this update

1 Like

it disgusts me… M29 thrown toward me x2 R27 at less than 1km in my face… and us, we can only lock chaffs, and even at 1km the 530 miss and never explode.

why do we have so less consideration from developers ?
Russian can have R27ER IOG guidance, and we can’t even have MICA missiles, or radar bug fix

Finally the belly tank on the M2KC S5 :)
Thx

Got the same issues today

is HMD in cockpit working for you guys? There is no green crosshair or even in F16 no fancy sight

• F-16 (all variants), MiG-29 (all variants) Yak-141 (all variants), Harrier AV-8C, J-8F, JH-7A, Mirage 2000-5F, Saab JA37 (all variants) — in all-aspect pulse-doppler track mode (MPRF waveform) abeam targets can be tracked in look-up cases. In head-on aspect pulse-doppler track mode (HPRF waveform) abeam and tail-on targets tracking depends on signal return — to — ground clutter ratio. This means that abeam targets can be tracked in look-up cases and tail-on targets track range strongly depends on fighter altitude: higher — larger.

I’ve also been playing -5F all day and the radar definitely locks onto chaffs in PD and PD HDN. (and can stay locked on chaffs for 10 seconds)
Also noticing that the AIM-7M is much more resistant to notch+chaffs at short range. You can have a perfect notch with 0 relative speed while dumping all your chaffs and jinking up/down and they will track perfectly the entire time.
While the -5F holds locks better, the 530D haven’t improved like that at all (obviously). Even if you have a good lock with no background, the missile still goes completely blind once the target is within +/-20 deg of notch. Oh well, used to it at this point.

I believe since Kings of Battle update, the Thales RDY radar has only gotten worse and worse. Kills I was easily getting are now pipe dreams for me. My radar may or may not lock a target, which is a deadly game to play at top tier air. Even then, it may or may not produce a lock strong enough to guide a missile with, break lock a few seconds later, or worse, lock chaff for no reason. Even before I launch the R.530D, there are too many quirks to the radar to use it reliably. The speed gate is too big, as well.

These did not happen six months ago.

RDY was definitely gimped since its introduction but I’m certain it holds lock slightly better than before after this update, specifically on near-notch targets. Still not anywhere near where it should be though ofc. Also gimping it was pointless considering the 530D seeker remains the weakest link by far lol.

1 Like

How we doing team? Hows the 4K ? About to start grinding it.

Very sad the desert camo is not in yet… How is FM compared to dev?

It flies well, only thing it’s really missing is it’s missing dumb bombs and GBUs that Gaijin completely ignored.

1 Like

I never thought I would see the day that grinding with Aim9Ls would be so excruciating.

What are you using that has 9Ls to grind the 4K?

Sorry I thought I was on the F-15J topic still. Jumping back and forth.

Have not jumped in the 5f yet to grind the 4k. But I wanted to see how different it was since dev before I do.

Does anyone know 500L wing droptanks are jettisonable or not in real life? they look attached directly to wing instead of a pylon. If not how much does wingtanks affect performance?

Are the magic 2 less flair resistant?

they are flare resistant as R-73s.

Side aspect they are unflarable

guys please, don’t hesitate to comment the bug report related to RDI /RDY and 530D, it gives weight to our concerns

So, after playing Stock 4000 for a while i noticed that even slight 6G turns drains massive energy & speed. It is almost like Mirage 3 and F1, this happens because iam stock or aircraft behaves like this even while it is spaded? 8 Magics are welcome change however it does not mean much when even a slightest turn puts you to mach 0.8 from 1.1…