Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

When i talismaned 2000C, definetely did not expect to grind 4000 one day. Here we go again…

So the update have come out. From my impression, M2K now have tighter turn, I can pull up to 12 seconds in 500-600 km/h, while in before patch I think it’s around 14 seconds.

Anyone feel same as mine?

It feels mostly same for me, maybe little better AoA w/ low fuel but nothing too significant.

Imgur

but it didnt change at all

Well it’s just a placebo effect for me then

I recently started playing the Mirage 2000C-S5 again after a break of a couple month or so from top-tier Air RB.

I know that the Super 530D has had many changes recently, particularly in its guidance tab so when the target is very far away the missile doesn’t burn all its energy in a way too sharp turn that may cause too much drag (or that’s what I understood at least). Now the problem is that it has become very hard to strike a hit from over 20km (even 15km is complicated), mainly because the missile doesn’t turn at all. When launching it at 20 to 25km the missile just fly straight without heading in any direction and, finally, when it starts leading his way to the target it’s too late, the missile can’t recover a good trajectory and fails to hit the target. Before the changes, those kind of hits were very doable, I remember doing them all the time using the long range of the radar and the TWS to look for the best oportunities, and the 530D perfs were good enough to manage such long range hits.

Now, the question I have is: Is the Super 530D really suppose to behave this way, with a very restrictive guidance tab that prevents it to move in any direction until a certain distance?

Knowing that the 530D has a 40km range, it feels weird to me that it can’t guide its way (even a bit) towards the target until really getting “close” to it (at 12 or so kilometers, and at that distance the full manoeuvrability doesn’t seems to be unlocked yet).

4 Likes

I want to ask you formally, are there any reports open for the Magic 2? @Smin1080p

• Lock Distance
  • G overload
  • IRCCM
  • Guidance Delay
22 Likes

My Magic 2s seem to have reverted to a previous state, I just lost a Magic 2 shot - rear aspect from 2 km. Ran out of energy/speed, no hit. They also tend to miss more since the update, twice missed targets in headons. The behaviour is that the missile accelerates, then pulls in, then for some reason straightens out, falling too long to hit.

Also I have yet to get a single successful radar lock / R.530D hit. Edit: Mirage 2000 5F.

2 Likes

I agree, the missile is really struggling to hit targets at <2km even when the launch speed exceeds mach 1. That’s really disappointing given that this missile is 80% of the total weapons the 4000 can use. I really hope this gets fixed.

530D is completely unreliable above 5-7km mark. Not only acceleration is subpar but also have guidance problems (which started couple patches ago when they tried to improve the guidance and instead screwed up). I still have around %70 pK for close up shots tho.

Soo it not only me that missile just fly randomly. Magic 2 flying at enemy missile after locking plane at 2km

I love when the entire weapon kit of a nation is made almost useless and isn’t fixed for days or weeks on end.

1 Like

I haven’t had any new issues with both the 530d and the Magic 2. They both are decently reliable and average top tier missiles

Related: Magic 2 missile should be fixed

I have issues like this, where the PD radar, despite the high closure rate, will not guide the missile. It also seems to lock chaff.

https://streamable.com/tr1i5z

That kind of thing hasn’t happened to me in a long while. Been spamming the M2K all day, without such issue. What radar mode do you use to guide your missiles?
Personnally I only use the normal ACM/HMD PD mode and it works fine for me

Happens to me in most launches with my Mirage 2000 5F. I use ACM/HMD PD as well, which should not lock chaff, but does so, sometimes.

Sometimes the missile’s guidance never even activates, and it keeps flying relatively straight, as such.
https://streamable.com/chmies

4 Likes

Gusee i’ve been rather lucky so far then. You might want to report it using your vids

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/VtcPX1m1AdPm

Here goes.

1 Like