Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

How much stronger could the motor be? The Python 3 and 4 do not differ much in terms of year of introduction that I could find. It also seems that the two missiles are the same in weight, and also that the Python 4 has a higher drag design nullifying some advantages in motor tech. So I’d have to see once it comes what the range difference is.

Python 4 should have a better flight computer that eliminates the shaking mid flight giving it a longer range than the Python 3 with a 15-18km high probability of kill range

Removal of oscillations would only give about maybe 1 km of extra range i would assume. In-game missile shaking in mid flight occurs in the last 1-2km of a missile’s flight.

All missiles in game generally have a considerable amount of shake

Even when the missile has plenty of energy? Show?

Heres a video from Mig23M testing the Skyflash SuperTEMPs max rear range at altitude in a straight line.

Where’s the missile shaking?

Try firing the missile at lower altitude at a target that isn’t moving perfectly straight

The shaking is caused by PID loop or whatever else, sure it might improve but it’s not going to eliminate the winding the missile does. The only time this would matter is at ranges you’d never consider firing the missile regardless.

At the ranges where the Python 4 might benefit (hardly) from an improvement in guidance target would easily evade the missile from maneuvers.

Can we please have IR resistance of the Magic 2 back at least ? The plane’s weapons are utterly useless at the moment it’s insane

2 Likes

I doubt it’s ever going to happen. War Thunder players know nothing other than rushing to the middle and spamming IR missiles and if it gets flare resistance they are going to cry that it is overpowered

1 Like

It never had IR resistance, though we have proven via public sources that it should have IRCCM greater than that of the R-73.

They will be forced to give the magic 2 IRCCM in the future, existing aircraft with magic 2 that will overperform will likely be reduced to the magic 1.

1 Like

Don’t forget that they also have to fix its guidance and overload

What is wrong with the guidance? The overload is a conscious decision to not permit the 50G currently.

Yeah exactly, pretty sure it’s modeled to only use the frontal winglets for guidance instead of using both the frontal and rear

@ミーナ

When Gaijin finishes disseminating Magic 2 IRCCM, and have BRs adjusted for aircraft with Magic 2s, they’ll implement them.

@DirectSupport

I’m willing to assert that another F-1 is added with Magic 1s instead of removing Magic 2s from the other F-1s.

That is not how that works, the canards provide the torque for turning… the rear only spins to align itself properly with whatever direction the missile is maneuvering. (It maneuvers with both sets of canards always and as such should be combined plane 100% of the time).

1 Like

I think 50G, IRCCM + improved range for Magic 2 will yield too much of a discrepancy and all current Mirage F1’s will lose their Magic 2s and be adjusted down in BR.

1 Like

What do you think Magic 2’s range is?

In game. In real life both of the control surfaces are used for turning

Unfortunately I can’t share any information on it’s actual range. However the range (both seeker and kinematic) are underperforming in-game and that is evident from public sources. It’s unlikely seeker range will be fixed however since my FOIA for the Magic 2 document was denied.

What’s its seeker range? I remember hearing it had insane sensitivity