Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

You want them to build a solid base before adding other new stuff on top of it. They’ve already done this with the Phoenix, added a Fox-3 and have started working out the issues long ahead of time.

That’s why IR and SARH missiles still have a lot of problems then? To me the current state of IR and SARH missile still is far too unstable. Like god damn we have like plane that came to existence in years 2000 but no missile with an IRCCM wth is this? Such missiles should have been implemented since the appearance of the Mig 29.

The only game I’m aware of without issues in their radar guidance methods and whatnot is Falcon-BMS. Even DCS has guidance issues for the likes of AIM-120 etc.

Bugs are synonymous with video games, would you prefer they increase complexity and never release an update until it is bug free? It will be impossible to model every aspect of radars in war thunder and still make it possible to play it the way it is… an arcade game…

IRCCM isn’t hugely important.

Not until it’s bug free but until the bugs are minors because to me losing lock or track when you have the absolutely perfect missile launch config is a major bug. And even if the current base is “stable” the fact that they have to nerf some missiles performances because they still haven’t coded the systems necessary for those missiles to operate quite looks like a major missing/bug to me.

I’ve actually not experienced any such bugs.

what about bug on AIM-7 R-27R or R-530D? them going for wrong target miles away while having monopulse seekers ? as @Flame2512 stated ,skyflash could distinguish targets like that , being" oh the other guy was faster is just lazy modeling

I’ve seen you guys posting videos, I’ve not seen this happen myself.

It’s not lazy, it’s intentionally simplistic. It’s an arcade game.

then why are we here ? why do we bug report or search the net for free for documents and data about military data which we know are probably not there ? are you kidding yourself?

1 Like

It seems to me you’re of the opinion that there should be absolute realism or no realism at all… perhaps not the game for you then…

I’m fairly open minded, I understand that they can have simplistic guidance code and still accurately model the missiles intended range, time to target, etc. I bug report despite the fact that it’s an arcade game because I enjoy the game for being that - arcade. If I wanted more realism I’d go play Falcon BMS or something else.

this is less than realism , if being arcade was the only reason for the game to be like this then why on earth do we have missile changes like ones on TOW or other ATGM or SPAA missiles is being produced??
why do we even have radar mechanics then? it is a arcade game just do : if locked =track . monopulse missiles being what they are is a bug and has been seen a recorded many times I don’t see why are you against fixes about it every times the topic is brought to light.

They plan on improving realism in area, but this is still an arcade game. That is why tanks slide to the left or right when a track is shot off in motion. That is why fighter jets do not suffer structural damage from over-G. Again you think there has to be a black and white side with a clear divider in the middle between arcade and simulator. This game is arcade, but it has realistic elements. It’s wonderful, and it’s why I enjoy it.

It was explained to you that it is not a bug, rather a by-product of a system they have made which they intend to improve over time. You could deduce this to an “intentional bug” or a “compromise”. The fact that we’ve gotten dev responses on this subject and you continue to act as though it’s a major concern when it really doesn’t affect players properly utilizing their missiles is… weird.

Python 3s are a different class, they are superior to the AIM-9L in every aspect
Python 4 are also completely different to the AIM-9M. They are much more maneuverable and have longer range

1 Like

How do Python 4s have longer range?

Aim-9Ls have a range of 18km.
Python 3 & 4’s range is 15km.

That range is a bit understated, the Python 4 uses a much stronger motor. There’s a reason why they made a Fox-3 based on the Python 4

1 Like

The Derby missile is physically larger & has far more fuel than the Python 4.

1 Like

That’s true but it’s also heavier. Don’t forget that the Python 4 is still in active service so its actual performance isn’t accurate to what sites like Wikipedia might say

I’m not using Wikipedia personally.
On top of that, Aim-9M is in active service along with AAM-3, and a whole host of other older missiles, because they’re more affordable.

We’ll just have to wait and see how those missiles are implemented in game

1 Like

The Python 3 and AIM-9L have approximately the same range but the AIM-9L is slower over the course of distance traveled in war thunder iirc. Both in-game share the same seeker as well.

The AIM-9L and Python 3 are the same in war thunder for the most part aside the acceleration and maximum overload (which is hardly ever necessary).