Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

Yeah I’d have to agree, but I definitely need more games and more experience overall in air to form a stronger opinion. It still is certainly 12.7 material but with the matchmaker as it stands, it felt better to play the 2000. Maybe it’s confirmation bias on my end, but with what feels like underperforming Magic 2s and 530Ds in comparison to the other top tier offerings, I love the plane, but I agree it feeling very limited compared to the other end of the line jets.

1 Like

this update is screaming FOX 3

Howzat?
I mean it’s pretty obvious people were expecting them so much in december it might be now but appart from that why?

they have shown major work on Aim-54

Where?

being the one and only aircraft without HMD, and basically the Delta F-15 (while F-15 still sits at 12.3!) it’s just sad. 5F I believe also suffers from this when get uptiered. You can call me skill issue, but I stop play 4000 when it was increased to 12.7.

12.7 matchmaking are unfathomably insane, people spamming R-73 everytime at furball are absolutely not fun. Of course when it all still 12.3, top tier player are having fun because their fun is fed from F-4/MiG-23 spam.

Even when I play other aircraft like F-16C or Gripen C, it’s still insane matchmaking.

But I guess it’s a worthy “Sacrifice” for letting the C still stays at 11.7, which is blatantly overpowered. Because at before battle rating changes, the 5F itself already overpowered at 12.0.

I would argue it can be better than F-16C due to it’s weaponry alone.

Where did you see that?

the amount maybe but the lack of an hmd esspecially with how small the lock circle is on the magic 2 just takes too long for the missile to warm up and get a lock before the min range comes

It is a handicap certainly but you can often work around that.

you can still do very well its just the strengths of the mirage 4000 are just pointless because of the gameplay loop of top tier right now but thats with a lot of aircraft

The lack of HMD is noticeable but is not as all deceicive a factor as you make it out to be.
What you need for top tier gameplay is as many missiles with as high a efficiency as possible - in this regard Mirage 4000 comes well equipped.

i guess we just disagree from my pov the lack of one just makes majority of my games not even firing missiles because i am rarely in range due to how long it takes to shoot magics the WEZ on magics is dreadful already making every second aiming all the more painful and risky

1 Like

You likely have to adjust your playstyle. SU-27 can get away with firing R-73 in every diretion while turnign and burning Mirage 4000 does not. SU-27 is the better plane of course but if you do not play Mirage 4000 as you would a SU-27 you should do better immediately.

I’m interested with your claim, how do you play Mirage 4000? I’m usually play it almost like Mirage 2000 by groundhugging and staying high speed avoiding stalling, but it’s just infuriating to launch Magic 2 because it’s either the seeker being too long to warm up just like @Macekeeks or the Magic 2 simply can’t reach its target from around 2km rear aspect due to most aircraft now (from my experience) can outrun Magic 2 especially like F-15.

1 Like

the reason i don’t have an issue with any other aircraft is the 5f can fire sooner a and the cs5/4 fight much slower aircraft with less countermeasures

Sorry to bother you but any chances we’ll likely see Magic 2 changes this update? Been awhile since we got any news on it. @k_stepanovich

From what I can tell, it is missing a slew of changes:
Dual plane maneuverability for 50G
Seeker shut-off mechanism
Guidance delay of 0.2 seconds
Reduced IFOV
Reduced fuze delay
Reaching max maneuverability at Mach 1.2

12 Likes

Also some proxy fuze time reduction and smaller IFOV of arround 0.4° of IFOV.

I included reduced IFOV, but from what I can tell, there isn’t any report on the proxy fuze delay just yet.