Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

It’s all irrelevant, almost everything you said is going to change on the magic 2. (Hopefully soon?)

Yes i know, that’s your bug report (or @DirectSupport i don’t remember) is already on the way. Just hope it won’t be too long.
But for the rest, i see some people avoiding to use S530D and go for more Magic. Because less chance to hit and IR missile seems to be the way this patch.

And the IR missile will continue getting better. France won’t have a top competing radar missile in terms of velocity, time to target, range, etc imo. They’ll have better shorter range ordnance for some time. The MICA will have pretty good range regardless, though.

This issue of Aviation Week states clearly that the Magic 2 has “flare decoy rejection”. I take this to mean it has flare rejection similar to AIM-9M and also a reduced FoV. This missile clearly has much higher performance than Gaijin anticipated in the past.

1 Like

its a secondary source but if you find another secondary source stating this then a report can be made

I already have several but this one is more explicit (and still, not explicit enough imo)… We shall see what Gaijin decides.

don’t shoot 530D at notching or cold targets unless you’re less than 3 km from them

You’re correct the reference model makes it buggy

Working fine with the NVD removed like before the patch

Hi guys, just want to know, is there any problem with climb rate of Mirage 2000, in game it is 145m/s stock and for exemple the F-16 is shown at 250m/s, for what i know, Mirage have a more powerfull engine and is lighter than a F-16, so maybe my sources are wrong or there’s a default with his engine power ?

Well it’s Sad for a Fox-1 medium range missile, to be fired as close as a Magic-II,…

Something must be done.

There might be a default in drag of Mirage 2000,…

When doing same climb, with those conditions:

→ inital speed: 1100km/h (IAS)
→ afterburner
→ start altitude : 500m above sea level
→ full pitch to 70° degree of climb
→ end climb at 8500m

Results were based on IAS speed left, and time to reach end altitude

The result is quite outrageous…

I don’t remember the full results of this,… but Mirage 2000 was clearly under.

2 Likes

Anyone notice the AS30L spiraling through the air now? Wobbles all over the place

1 Like

Not at this time as they’ve been working for me, I’ll keep an eye on them as I play more Mirage 2000D.

they do it doesn’t seem to affect speed but is odd i think it was in a report direct support made

The AS-30L is supoosed to rotate, it does so in real life. But despite the perceived wobbliness and rotation, it will be accurate and hit accurately.

1 Like

Interestingly, a tech mod took interest and reported it for us.

2 Likes

Don’t look at statcard, take a look at the wiki warthunder page. But even then, it has better climb rate than that I think.

Am I right in saying that the Magic 2 doesn’t track straight off the rail? Was trying to use the HMS for some off bore shots yesterday and my missiles were nowhere to be seen. Haven’t noticed the drag reduction but the IRCCM boost is nice.

it has a super long delay and it gets me killed a lot

Surely that makes the HMS redundant?