Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Anyone know what is Ekran-14M-2?

3 Likes

This

3 Likes

What’s the purpose of this? Flight computer?

2 Likes

Failures indicator

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpZSeZt3SvQ italy will get the fulcrum (possibly)

1 Like

Mig-29B with R-60MK

3 Likes

i sure hope they are not gonna give it ER so it could be a little different (probably maybe at some point lower BR with r60m + r27R)

2 Likes

all i wanted is a light soviet mig29 with r73s :(

The M would be the best but i’d be satisfied with something like the 9.12S or 9.13S

7 Likes

I think yemen has a SMT without the enlarged spine. Its 9.18 I think

they still have not passed the suggestion :-(

2 Likes

They usually pass the suggestions after one year or more

Yeah ;-;

The m4k was quickly approved (like 3-4 months after the suggestion), I think It depends on a lot of variables

What to pass to consideration is arbitrary from what I know, you and your luck

It might be selected next time and it might not be that’s just how it is

1 Like

No need we’ve got the MiG-29S 9-12S with the smallest spine and it had many examples

The MiG-29M would also be very nice, but imo since it wasn’t produced it feels a little off to be a tech tree vehicle, maybe an event vehicle like the Mirage 2000CS-4 but after progressing well into the modern era

It would be interesting to see what produces the most drag. The spine of the smt or the huge canopy on the later models and the dual seat models. Because the big canopy makes the profile from the front much bigger.

Probably both increases the drag

The thing is that there’s not much else for a 90s early fox-3 Soviet/Russian platform. The MiG-29S carries only 6 missiles and technology wise it is mostly from the 80s, while the Su-27SM and modern MiG-29M/K instead are too advanced for the game right now (both have Pesa radars).
Also while it has never entered mass production the final aircraft was basically a production model (far closer to what the Yak141 or the Mirage4K were), and nearly all of the system it featured got introduced in some other models

1 Like

Didnt some nations buy MiG29M?

None of them have pesa

1 Like