Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

why dont you try to make a bug report with your sources? just asking

1 Like

LOL.

At high Mach I think it’s good.

Just in the knife fight where 1:1 thrust matters most. From 0-900kph

Let our Slavic speaking comrade cook, bro!

Rome wasn’t built in day :P

1 Like

It has already happened.But the TrickZter clown closed

2 Likes

ah :(

You will catch more bees with honey, B. They are actively on the forums keep in mind.

holy f** thats a lot, and I’m too dumb to understand that, but why didn’t they accept it? It seems to meet what is needed to make a bug report, a reliable source and in-game testing

My biggest hope is that devs will notice B is соотечественник and give us the action the Mig29 deserves.

Don’t know.But their FM setup is disgusting. Instead of changing the thrust, they simply lowered the drag

2 Likes

i still think the 29s drag is too high, i can be wrong ofc, but i see the mirage 2000 holding more energy than the 29, like wtf

Drag is not a bad thing for the Mig29. It’s actually just excessive lift.

I do not want an F-16, I want a Mig29. It has the thrust to bulldoze through inconsequential drag.

i mean, with a little bit less drag we would be able to keep pulling 23+ degree of AoA without loosing more energy than a delta wing tho, i think

1 Like

The whole point of the cobra maneuver aka dynamic deceleration

A dramatic and demanding maneuver in which an airplane flying at a moderate speed abruptly raises its nose momentarily to a vertical and slightly past vertical attitude, causing an extremely high angle of attack and momentarily stalling the plane, making a full-body before dropping back to normal position, during which the aircraft does not change effective altitude.

I used the Wiki definition because I am lazy to explain in own words rn.

We are supposed to be able to drop speed very quickly on a whim and maintain control. One reason I get pissed off is because the F-16C can sit on your ass forever and its so hard to make it overshoot and reset the dogfight or get a nose on or high off boresight missile shot.

Remember the Su57 scene in Top Gun? The falling leaf? Minus the missile dodge (do not remember how close they were when launched) Supermanueverability was demonstrated perfectly in that scene.

The Americans acknowledge this capability and is why they stay tf away from capable fighters. However, they deem it impractical outside of a 1v1 situation as you are momentarily energy depleted and susceptible to follow up attacks from Wingmen.

Even F-22s always operate in two-ship or more.

Because a Primary source disproves his secondary source and all the other secondary sources ppl keep trying to use over and over to bug report it

3 Likes

no yeah, but that wasnt my point tbh lol, i just wish the 29 wouldnt bleed that much speed at the point where it looks like the mirage can hold more energy than the 29, im not even talking about when you pull the cobra or 30+ degree of AoA lol

1 Like

i see, so to make a valid report we would need some primary source saying that the 29 is missing thrust, idk, It seems like everything possible has already been done for the 29, not sure if ppl can find any new primary sources

What I have indicated.This is the primary source

Турбореактивный двухконтурный двигатель с форсажной
камерой сгорания РД33-2C: / Под ред. В. В. Кулешова. – Издание
ВВИА им. проф. Н. Е. Жуковского, 1986. – 328 с.
This is the original source

The Mirage can hold more energy though as its far more aerodynamic. The Mig29 can artificially dump it and recreate it at the flick of a wrist.

The Fulcrum is extremely balanced fighter for dogfighting of the same pattern and design philosophy as the Su27. An aircraft mind you that is regarded as having the most perfect aerodynamic design ever. That is not just Eastern analyst making the claim, that is Westerns United States pentagon analyst saying this as well.

1 Like

Thats cuz its not missing thrust, in-game it actually gets near 2:1 TWR at certain speeds, even with 50% fuel (for the non-SMT variants atleast).

1 Like