Mi 24D for Germany

I was wondering if the Mi 24D will be added to German tree at some point? There is vacant spot in the tech tree between the Mi 8 and the Mi 24P and the D model would be a good fit as it would add another option for an attack heli with few but different weapon loadouts.

2 Likes

did the GDR have Mi 24Ds?

Yes. I thought I’d browse around before asking and found some, but I am not familiar as to what counts as acceptable evidence other than no Wikipedia.

Mil Mi-24 D: einer der robustesten und waffenstärksten Kampfhubschrauber der Welt (“fliegender Panzer”) (flugzeug-lexikon.de)

4 Likes

Mi-24D: Why yes I have a turret!

(shameless self plug)

2 Likes

So museum pieces and/or pictures with links and I want to guess the actual documents that are legal to share if they are available.

Whoops I did not realize this was an actual suggestion, I thought it was a meme when I read it.

1 Like

Note: Like the NVA’s Mi-24P, their 24D’s continued flying for a while with the Bundeswehr after Germany’s reunification.

1 Like

I usually like to keep it a frank atmo with all my suggestions

1 Like

It’s still not passed throw the suggestion, well let’s see if it gets it’s GDR roundel and not the Bundeswehr one.

39 Mi-24Ds and 12 Mi-24Ps were taken over from the Bundeswehr. However, the aircraft were only flown by WTD-61.

1 Like

will be interesting with the OSA aswell

No, no one wants more copy and paste

I do.

1 Like

I will remind you that you said that if italy gets the next c&p vehicle

1 Like

It’s a part of German history, even it’s copy and paste from the Soviets.

1 Like

I think he is more mad that italy wont have it exclusive because he is an italian main

(it’s literally c&p aswell in the italian tree)

2 Likes

Hungary at least got something in the Italian helicopter tree, the Romanians are simply ignored there by Gaijin.

maybe more gets added after the romanian osa.

Romanian helicopters would be nice. They aren’t complete copypaste and add an interesting mix of western and eastern technologies (just like most of Romanian tech actually).
Imo Romanian helicopters can also create a line separated from the Italian (starting from the first helicopter in the TT of course), this way Hungarian Hinds and maybe some future Hungarians can go to that line, while the space in the Italian line would be free for future Italian in-between additions such as A109AT, AB-412, A129A and etc.
IAR-316B would be the first Romanian helicopter in the line (the model has already been added to the game, although it probably needs an update, as it’s quite old), followed by IAR-330 which should be quite similar to Mi-24D in capabilities, though slower. Then there would Hungarian Hinds and modified IAR-330 equipped with Spikes at the top.
Plus IAR-317 my favorite and the most unique Romanian helicopter can be added.

1 Like