Meet Major Update “Sons of Attila”!

Yeah they had something genuinely good and had to replace it with something so cheap.

Congratulations on the update.

I see lot of improvements in QoL areas as also some other detail improvements.

Here is my feedback so far.

Positives

• new content
  • improved overal sound for tanks and helicopters
  • QoL updates
  • reduced some requirements and foldering of some vehicles/planes
  • some helicopter love
  • Rita and Betty!

Could be better/improved

• Russian RWR not modeled in cockpit, hopefully soon
  • new effect on crew voiceovers is better but it should be different accross WW2, Cold War and Modern era. Newer cleaner older as it is now.
  • helicopter engine sound should be louder when close and it is missing over flyby effect. Basically helicopter presence in area is small and should be more noticeable. I wrote more about that in this section on dev
  • no new additions to introduce effect on wings, I mean where are vortices and wing vapours when pulling gs?
  • new effects on trees and grass are too aggressive. I could understand approaching storm or if helicopter is flying over that would be ok but somehow this feels too much
  • M1A1 HC should have been foldered with M1A1

Negatives

• M1 IPM should have been foldered with M1 Abrams

• the new map for ground forces is just another mixure of Abonded Town, Abonded Factory and Seversk-13. I feel like the maps are missing atmosphere and theme of war which it wants to present.

• Expected more unique Hungarian vehicles than copy pastes.

• The new effect Dynamic Lut even when turned off seems to still be a bit present. Everything looks a bit lighter and the game feels very mate, it shows also how outdated the environment and assets models are in the game. This part of graphics and models is really outdated coming into 2024. From trees, grass, rocks, to ground polygons and textures on ground this is so wrong. Feels like some from 2009 game just on graphic mods at this point. Idk but I have a feeling that this overlay is bit inspired by Starfield and it drags the graphics down. Pradesh looks horrible. The map just shows everything that is wrong with these old assets.

• moving up some rank VI vehicles/planes into rank VII made them expensive and again prolonged their research

• Helicopters
    In Rank VI require still over 300k RP and cost around 1M of SL. Helicopters requirement should have been reduced to numbers that average in rank VI of Aircraft or Tanks.
    Hungarian Hinds should have had their own line instead of being merged into one with Italians.
    Some helicopters should have been foldered too.

One negative that I kind of take with reserver as I understand a bit, is that if every nation is going to get Abrams, Leos, T series, F-16s and so on, just to fill the holes it makes interesting to go research certain nation as in the end.

I feel like Hungary should have been part of Vysegrad tech tree. Nation with similar tech should be grouped instead of being filler to other nations.

1 Like

I’ve noticed an increase in the number of RPs required for ships in the upper tier:

• For the Paris, I had less than 30,000 RP left to search for, and now I’m back up to 34,431 RP because it’s gone from 220,000 RP to 230,000 RP, so I’ve got + 10,000 RP MORE in my face.
  • As for Lorraine, it was at 270,000 RP, but now it’s at 380,000 RP!
    We’re still talking about +110,000 RP for a ship that just come out, with now ONLY ONE ship at rank V to grind it efficiently because the premium Dupleix, which is even newer, can no longer have the RP efficiency needed - which is what it was supposed to help with in the first place.
    What kind of lunatic does one have to be to do something so stupid?

On the Japanese side, in coastal V rank the Isuzu +10,000 RP but the Chidori is - 40,000 RP. The Syonan and JDS Ayanami were unaffected.
I haven’t done much about the Japanese High Seas, but all those moved to rank VI are having a ball:

Fusö: 380,000 → 390,000
Hyuga: 320 000-> 380 000
Kongo: 320 000 → 390 000
Ise: 380 000 → 390 000

I had planned to research the French choppers:
The two Alouttes and the first gazelle dropped by 20,000 RP each BUT the tiger took +10,000 RP.

When you talked about lowering RP and readjusting naval, I didn’t expect Gaijin to be stupid enough to increase the last vehicles, which already have crazy RP amounts, to compensate for the drop elsewhere.

To say that I’m angry would be an understatement, because with my low playtime i simply lost more than i gain at least with the French ships.

1 Like

Fields of Poland was my favorite map, but after the rework, it is without a doubt the best map in the game. It’s open, it’s flat (but still has cover to approach and maneuver), there’s no hills or mountains, no dumb outcrops (designated sniping positions). It is a tank map.

Let me ban every other map but this one, I will wait in the queue how long it takes.

1 Like

They did explain this is due to a coming USMC line for more USMC vehicles in the US tree, would that change your opinion at all?

3 Likes

Why is the flag for Nazi Germany not the swastika?. Understandably media creators don’t want this, however that’s what settings are for. I really hope Gaijin will add the option to use historically accurate markings for those that wish it.

3 Likes

be glad you can even choose the north-american server, i live in germany and i only have the option of EU, CIS(russia) or SA(south asia), the hell is this gaijin?

Neat Update…

"Fog sucks, Migs apparently remain the best plane in game game for some reason, and we added obama-plane

Enjoy"

~probably some gaijin dev

Also…
SO WHEN ARE YOU GUYS NERFING ROAMING AA VEHICLES IN AIR RB??

4 Likes

many of the tech tree positions make no sense now, Fw 190 D-9 is now tier 3? Fw 190 A5 is tier 4 and foldered with the Fw 190 D-12?

P-51C is now tier 2, hispano mustang is tier 3 and higher in tree than P-51C despite having worse performance?

I had many planes i liked to use for doing daily tasks/missions/special tasks but as it requires tier 3 I can no longer use the P-51C which was becoming my favorite plane for this purpose

5 Likes

Update, just alright. Nothing really interesting in it for me aside from a German floatplane and the promise of newer battleships in the future.
Also tech tree positioning seems to have been made by ChatGPT? Progression makes no sense now.
Why is the Hellcat positioned in a folder with the Wildcats? Is it just because an AI saw it go 3-4-5 and assumed they are together?
Because this follows it
This makes no sense. Corsair, Bearcat, Hellcat??? What?

Also the stat card renders instead of screenshots looks bad and I feel the game has lost some of its’ identity because of it.
Other than that decent update, I’m sure the people who can tolerate top tier are happy and the people who wanted Hungary are happy, but I’m just going to have to wait until the next one.

2 Likes

Was the thrust relevant? Was the upgrade in reference in increased thrust? If it has an engine output, it should come.

Did it? I do not know.

1 Like

Nice its almost like GJ listen to exactly what we said. Aim9M reduced smoke sig (too low vis imo) and bring the magic IIs give ECCM and allow 4x carry capability. Still no helmet sight tho

Aim7M still no mid course guidance and aim54C and A still missing Gs still a good start though

Why would GJ take all the air maps we love because they are small? leave us with 5 map for over a year just to give us another small map?

Waiting to buy tech tree vehicles on 50% sale was worth it, just logged on to find a slew of newly researched vehicles and many of the ‘next in line’ severely reduced, especially the foldered ones.

Cheers 👍👍
(Though still not coming back to play)

After playing a few matches after the new update I have found the following control bugs on Playstation 5. I have done exactly nothing to my controls. The bugs are from the update, not me fiddling with my controls.

1. Plane - Drop bomb series no longer works.
  2. Tank - You get stuck zoomed in when using L2 axis button to zoom. Zoom axis (Ground).
  3. Air - When loading a saved control scheme it defaults to mouse aim even though it was saved as realistic or full-real.
  4. Tank - Sight distance control still remains bound and operates in 3rd person view. Should only work in sniper view.

Interestingly there is no mention of any work being done to controls in the patch notes.

It seems huge amounts of testing was done on the stealth control “fixes”.

Some prompt fixes would be appreciated Gaijin.

Let’s see if I remember the copy-pastes: 2A4, T-72M1, Shilka, and ZSU-57-2.
The rest should be unique, including the BTR-80A which uses a different model to the Soviet one.
Technically the Soviet artillery is a copy-paste of the Hungarian one. :)

I made a topic about the hidden RP changes they didn’t announce. I knew something felt off. I used to get around 30k with premium for my average 2500 score matches (ground attacking). Now I can hardly break the 10k barrier…

1 Like

Drop Bomb series also doesnt work on PC.

İ tried to reset my control settiings couple of times but it doesnt work.

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Yes I forgot about that one.