Map design

Works every time for me but it also depends the vehicle you have.
Got to have fast vehicle to do it properly.

Going to use an existing thread rather than making a new one. So, I’ve been on the opposite side of this map. Volokolamsk mission: Conquest #3, and always resulted in a Loss even when trying to flank around it. Now I’m the other side and resulted in a easy win and felt a lot smoother doing so with 6 kills and 0 deaths than being on the opposite end.

How does one fight while being on the opposite side for this map? Or what is the most successful route? Where is the power position for the other side? Train tracks? tried there and kept getting pinned down by everyone that was at A already with 0 support before. What’s your preferred/successful strategy?

You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to see how problematic this map design is.

And no this is not cope, in fact I was the one abusing the vantage point. I am the M103 behind the rocks.

I just felt really bad doing it, and inspired me to make this post.

1 Like

The maps are very bad and the current limitations that the developers are making are a joke and everyone knows it, one thing that should change would be this business of all nations against all nations, you can’t put yourself in the shoes of a Tiger commander attacking Russian troops in World War II, or in the shoes of a Sherman commander facing the Axis, or of a Russian in the Cold War attacking German tanks, you feel like just another lone tank with no purpose, no immersion, no team, no one, it’s just another one on a bad map, with bugs, with few rewards, this in both GRB and AIR RB, they should limit the number of nations per battle to 2x2

2 Likes

Sinai went from my favorite map to block in one update

3 Likes

This company either uses AI or interns to correct these maps because many of the changes didn’t need to be made, or so dumb that they obviously don’t play their own game.

Modzdak Domination #1 still suffers from the exposed spawns. Almost impossible to move out of the spawns because both the hill and C can fire directly into it (depending on where you spawn). I don’t have a problem with the hill portion, but the removed some of the flanking options so your committed to trying to push out area where there is no room to maneuver.

Sweden was fixed this major update. Really good now.

@Pecanin
I see you prefer CQC maps.
Well, enjoy Advance to the Rhine and Sun City.

This Sinai map is CQC now ,i mainly play Germans 6.7 /7.7 now and this map is useless to me now.

CQC in sense that if you spawn on south you need to close up to have any chance ,some parts of north are same .

Sands of Sinai is open with pockets of cover, it’s exclusively a long-range map currently after its CQC area was removed.
And normal Sinai hasn’t changes.

Sure long range if you spawn in NW part

The sniping, spawncamping, sightlines, and foliage are worse than almost any other map.

Except Sinai, we should keep that one :D

What are you on about? Don’ you like Sands map where you get killed from every hill on the horizont or Fields map which are the same but green? I don’t see an issue

I’m pretty sure that was the point for devs - to make impossible to control a point from every angle. Same approach was in Call of Duty 2009 - no matter how good you play eventually you will be shot from an unexpected angle. The more you die, the more you get frustrated the more you’re down to buy that super shiny premium tank

I agree with the Spawncamping issue, it’s annoying af. Some kind of better Spawnprotection is needed and wider Spawnareas and/or more Spawnpoints.

But city maps should reduced, because on higher BR tank can’t really take any shots and survive. On top with the most stupid setting in game: seperated engine volume control. With this option everyone can here you from 3 Blocks away. With light tanks your only option is flanking the enemies in cqc, but with this audio option it’s completly gone. Not to mention it would be very unrealistic to hear any other engine while your own in running.