MANPADS Missiles and Overload: The Technical Details

No one cares about it bro. You just cant use the same method on the other manpads because they are just different. Thats the whole sern of the discussion and thats why Im asking you sources because you said they were right in the way they achieve the numbers.

1 Like

I don’t see it that way, I think 90% just didn’t understand what the developers told them.

I haven’t seen any documents here about 22g average overload for the Stinger, nor 25 average for the Mistral. The Mistral says 25 maximum

You’re not answering my question. If you agree that igla is correct, then you are admitting that it has 16 max overload.

What do you disagree with? Do you believe the stinger has a 22g MEDIUM overload?

There you go. 20-22G

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/BZtiBBaH7uwL

3 Likes

This is so true. Ive been playing 10.0 russia lately, and everyone is kind of just not smart

Everyone way over extends and just goes in a blind direction with or without support. Usually.

Its when smart players get together that the absurdism happens

The person literally wrote “the stinger should have a maximum overload of 22g”. Not average

I agree that the medium stated on the documents is 10gs, and the formula indicates that it could achieve 16gs, but I cannot say it could because there is world of difference between theory and reality. There isn’t a document anywhere on this post that says “the Igla pulls 16gs maximum overload”. It has a formula that says it could theoretically pull it, but its lacking official statement.

it states maneuverability and not maximum. so the same as the iglas 10.2G

4 Likes

Where does it say it’s an average overload, not a maximum overload?

Available ≠ Average

Do you have a source explicitly stating the Igla has a peak of 16G? That is what was required for Abrams.

On Bug report:

Will be fixed in 2.31.1.63+
Max overload will be 13 G.

So even if the “Average” is lower, the peak/max should still be 20-22G. They have intentially nerfed the peak down to 13G. The biggest issue with Stinger/ATAS/Mistraal that I have experienced, is that hte missile is useless at engaging targets at closer ranges, as it cannot get onto target. Missing half of its peak G in the first second or so of flight, would easily explain that fact.

5 Likes

an error in the notation on the card. The card in the case of stinger displays the average, not the maximum Read this topic, the developer has confirmed it.

The maximum overload of all these missiles is higher

Yes, but at no point is the peak defined. and the bug report clearly states max not average. We have no idea whether hte missile caps out at 13G, or 20-22G then falls off to 13G over the course of the flight. The assumption, is that its capped at 13G

1 Like

What will change if the card writes you a max 22? The developer already said it already flies like that. The card just gives you a more realistic average.

i didn’t say avarage, i said maneuverability (which can be read as average).
people are arguing that in the same way the iglas documents say available 10.2G this document in the same way states available 22G not a maximum.

a rocket never has a maximum overload during its time. You were given an average.

What a joke. Russian can’t so the entire West can’t lmao

3 Likes

again, its not the card that is the problem. its that 13G is to little. its the in game performance they want changed. the card can then say whatever Gaijin wants.

Why should it be interpreted that way? If 22 would be the average, then the max is much higher and the stinger could shoot down targets and 12g

The stat card needs to display both.

They also need to officially confirm that the max overload can still reach 20-22G. Even if the average is still 13G (though the controversy there is that htey are using information for a soviet missile to model a NATO one, without any concrete proof they are even similar)

But again… On this bug report

It clearly states that: “Max overload will be 13 G.” That is not average, that is peak/max. In which case. It. is. wrong. There is no other way to interpret that. If that is an error. and it is suppose to say “Average” not “max” then they need to correct that

even in the dev post it clearly states that the “available overload” is only 13G. It should be 20-22G. Even if the stat card displays the average over its 17s as much lower. The first few seconds should still be that 20-22G

3 Likes