Major Update "Seek & Destroy" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 5)

My hope is that between the pervelance of 11.3 premiums and the in coming of more 11.7 to 12.0 premiums, that the FA2 will see downtiers on a semi-regular basis. Especially for the first few weeks as people are using them to grind out the new stuff.

But yes, you will probably see a fair few uptiers as well. My single hope for the FA2 is that maybe it will have a downtier rotation in sim. Though id probably still play it a fair bit in the uptier as well. Though I also hope the FRS1 gets finished this update.

This probably means we’ll get acoustic-homing mechanics for torpedoes too, this boat doesn’t have any anti-sub weapons apart from those.

FA2, not yet, but at 12.3. It can see 11.3-12.3 games and with a lot of premiums at 11.3. Means it may get pulled into the blackhole a bit. At least thats the hope. F3 Late is gunna be kinda screwed though

thing is, only 25% of a lobby can be in a full up br or down br meaning, its far more likely to see 13.0, a br that isnt counted as a full up br then those 11.3 games

Maybe, we’ll have to see. Im mostly gunna be hitting SB, so good chance that it’ll be 11.7-13.0 or 12.0 - 13.0 brackets for the foreseeable future (at least that is what they did last december when they added 12.7)

But hoping they learnt their lesson and will add new brackets this update

I’m waiting on getting a nice HOTAS before I try sim again. probably end up with an x56, but I’d love a winwings or VKB set, don’t have a grand or two for a hotas right now though lmao

Yeah, I run a X-56, the dual throttle makes things like thrust vectoring and wing sweep controls much easier to handle. But yeah… I’d love a Virpil HOTAS. But a tad outside my budget

Though if the FA2 still has the Gr3 HUD… I wont be playing it till its fixed

im gonna be honest for ARB its gonna be pretty much DOA at 12.3, at 12.0 it can at least get more common 11.3 games then 13.0

I think 12.0 is well within the cards for it, but between it being unfinished on the dev server and some buffs it could get (like Flame made a really good suggestion for the BOL with twin rails) its hard to make a clear argument for it. But once people get use to AMRAAMs and they loose a lot of that initial potency. im gunna make the case for FA2 to 12.0, probably next BR change.

1 Like

idk I think it being a gen 1 harrier ariframe and sub sonic should be more then enough to make it 12.0 but eh

11.0 planes should never see amraams

1 Like

Unfortunately, common sense approaches like that dont work with Gaijin. Heck the F4J(UK) is still at 11.3 in SB whilst the FGR2/FG1 which are superior aircraft are 10.7. Pointed out that mistake 3 times so far, still no change.

We need hard facts and data. I didnt have a single match on the dev server that was more than about 3v3 or 4v4. Its hard to know how AMRAAM will change the ARB meta and how the FA2 will fit into it. Especially with the Multipathing changes coming at long last. Its hard to know

I’ve heard good things about the winwings stuff, they’re a bit chinesium in fit and finish, but nothing you can’t fix with a bit of lubricant and a nail file, and they’re significantly cheaper than other premium HOTAS options

Nor should 11.3s see F-16s and Mig-29s, but we had to deal with them for an entire year with nothing to counter them with.

Quite frankly, the FA2 shouldnt be seeing Gripens, F-15Cs and Su-27SMs

1 Like

Both are 11.3… SM? Nevermind

Yeah, in SB they are different BRs for “reasons”

Also the Mig-23ML is 11.0 and the Mig-23MLA is 11.3. Definetly nothing fishy going on there either

Its a shame they always base them on things like the F-15 or F-16 sticks. And never something like the Typhoon or Harrier.

Iirc it used to be that they had 48 hours to release the update after they added the packs to the store.

1 Like

iirc VKB do a Eurofighter based stick

So it seems like Thursday than : D

1 Like