Major Update "Seek & Destroy" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

About the model 1919 torpedoes… Not sure honestly. The datamine also mention 1923DT, which would be much more logical for the VLT-2, since it’s a post war MTB, and by that time France used only the 550mm 1923/1924 torpedo that it used for every single one of its platforms. Fun fact, France used the 1923/1924 torpedo all the way until the 1960’s, and only started developping torpedoes at that time.

1 Like

New maverick not USA Aircraft will big disappointment for USA Main

1 Like

Oh you’re right, I missed that one. Well, seems strange to me nonetheless. I don’t see why this ship would use an older model for a post war configuration, especially since literally all the French ships use the 1923DT… It may have to do with the size of the torpedo, adapted to these torpedo tubes. Still, I don’t know what will come of it so it would be interesting to see the difference between this variant and the other torpedoes used in the game.

Historically the 1919V seem to have a much shorter range : 2000m at 45 knots, 4000 at 35 knots. I know that coastal ships aren’t supposed to engage enemies at Long Lance distance but that seems certainly short.

1 Like

The Guichen introduced this weapon to the game when the devserver opened:

The L3 -type heavyweight acoustic homing torpedo will become quite the common sight as more 1950 -1970 antisubmarine ships of France appear ingame. Which become even more likely this year, now that their Coastal fleet is on the way.

6 Likes

Certainly, it is a welcomed surprise. Though I’m really curious to see how it’s gonna be implemented. Those are close range torpdoes (if I recall correctly, L3 are slow moving and don’t go farther than 7 to 9 km) but homing torpedoes seem widely unbalanced, especially in small, short range maps…

Also, I like how the model replicates perfectly the wikipedia photo of the torpedo.

2 Likes

acoustic homing torpedos before subs are even introduced is already a bad sign

they may make subs unplayaby easy to kill and blame it on Balancing

Aren’t subs, running on electric power, way harder to hit with those?

Subs are doa anyway, I don’t think acoustic torpedoes can possible make that worse
The real concern should be that anything larger and slower than a PT boat is probably going to be close to a guaranteed kill depending on how Gaijin makes them work.

Imagine out of nowhere a special mod for subs, like heli pve ?

Could be nice for subs lovers

The April event proved that to be the only way subs should be implemented.

1 Like

if destroyers get their Sonars modelled then subs will be easy prey

but since rn those destroyers wouldn’t last long in the Niemandsland between battleships and heavy cruisers subs could be viable again

Praised the SNAIL !

44 Likes

Right. Subs can’t go anywhere if anti-sub ships are active, and anti-sub ships can’t do anything if literally anything else is active. And if subs are out there and anti-sub ships aren’t, then battleships and cruisers aren’t going to leave spawn rendering subs dead weight on a team.
Its just a lose-lose situation as I see it

1 Like

wait what a Type 23? As in, the Duke class Frigate? what the heck, I might actually have to play the Mobile game now.

They would work if they got their own dedicated game mode, as for helicopters. Then, well… they would be as useful as helicopters in ground battle I guess…

I’d like to see a dedicated mode for subs. That way they can be useful in a mode tailored for them. I just can’t see a way to add them in normal battles without them being incredibly overpowered or unplayably bad.

3 Likes

@Smin1080p sorry for pinging you, but I have a question from far times (from “Sons of Atilla”): will Germany get it’s own version of kf-41 (prototype probably)?

germany can get the australian one, why should they get the prototype

MCO version (what i have talk about) stanag 4569 6 level. Without aps, but it has armor against 30 mm