Major Update "Seek & Destroy" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

meem or me-me?

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 16.01.34

Bison and/or NF-5A pls

3 Likes

@Smin1080p If you are able is there any intention of adding the Mig-21-93 to the Soviet tech tree? As you know we waited for the Mig-21 Bison or equivalent for quite some time & I plan to purchase as well.

However, having a Mig-21 Bison without the R-77 seems rather pointless. If GJ could add this one & the tech tree Russian version w/R-77s I believe it would be a hit. The aircraft is nimble enough & definitely a 12.7 easy with R-77s in the Soviet tech tree.

BTW the Soviet tree has no fighters at 12.3 … It would fill in some this missing BRs nicely imo. Harriers & other Aim-120 carriers are found at this BR range with ability to carry more Aim-9Ms & Aim-120s. I do not see how a Russian Mig-21-93 would affect balance.

1 Like

I think this should be all the pre-orders except for the French coastal, UE-1, L2A4M, A-1A, BISON, and then the VCT-2.

Ok I know I’m coping but hear me out.

Bison pre-order not there yet because they haven’t decided on R-77’s or not.

NF-5A premium not there because it’s GE or a regular pack and don’t wanna cut into pre-order sales for the Bison.

1 Like

On one hand I’m excited about the VLT2 and French Coastal in general, but I also don’t know if I’m fully convinced on the tech tree without seeing what will be in it.

Hopefully it comes with a planned tech tree announcement?

Maybe, but R-77s would 100% increase its BR. No way it would be 12.0 with ARH. If it is. Then I want BR drops for a lot of other ARH carriers. First and foremost, the Shar and Harrier II

1 Like

Thank you for avoiding the use of the terms ‘KAI’ and ‘MJ’.
However, the notation J(M) is still not quite right.
Indeed, it is highly likely that J(M) is merely an abbreviation. The title you mentioned starting with J.T.O. is a ‘技術指令書番号’ (Technical Order Number), where abbreviated names are used instead of official names. For example, even short names like AAM-4 are abbreviated to AAM4, as shown in Image 1.
a39bf40e-8f16-46eb-a917-9f4622e51065

In formal documentation where abbreviations are not used, it is written as ‘F-15J(近代化改修機)’ as shown in Image 2.6d2bf98c-d88f-4c5f-935a-dfeaa704e008 As stated in the previous MSIP aircraft JSI conversion plan document, the (近代化改修機) is MSIP, so it would be appropriate to use ‘F-15J MSIP.’ What do you think?
Also, if you are not convinced, could you give us other examples of the use of the J(M) notation?

No JSI exists yet (can’t even be the case, since the manuals for (M) have existed longer already) and the name for it would certainly not be “(M)”. I have included enough in the report to prove this.
Going further into the idea of ​​"MSIP" is pointless and (as proven) not officially used (at least in this context), but Modernized / Renovated. We also know from JASDF circles that the designation (M) Modernized is used.
I will not go into the topic any further from now on anyway, there is stuff with higher priority.

6 Likes

Can’t wait to see more ! :D

11 Likes

new tree?

First premium for the French coastal.

2 Likes

but there is an empty tree there?

Not from me i don’t have the devserver.

i guess we gonna start with one or 2 premium boat, then next update the CBT start? Or i don’t know, perhaps full CBT right now ?..

First time we have 2 CBT for one navy nation tho… Not sure how things gonna works.

probably gonna get a low and a high BR CBT boat now and a full tree next major

1 Like

Perhaps.

Any bofors lover can tell me what’s the difference between Mk1 and Mk3 ?

Yeah that would surely he part of their consideration. I assume Br 12.0 will be what they give if they leave it as it is on the dev right now.

I know that JSI does not exist, I am talking about the document describing the MSIP, the aircraft subject to refurbishment to JSI, which I sent last time. It is unfortunate that this evidence is being passed over.
https://www.mod.go.jp/j/policy/hyouka/rev_suishin/r05/rev_fin_r04/0030.xlsx

Iirc its either fire rate or how long to over heat

1 Like

Mark I: twin mounting based on American design and using American-built guns, not widely fitted. Fitted for remote fire control.
Mark II: quadruple version similar to the Mark I
Mark III: a navalized version of the Army single mounting, hand worked elevation and training.

Diffrent mount I guess

1 Like

Yeah but to me the mark 3’s feel a bit faster than the mark 1’s. Maybe just a placebo effect though