Major Update "Seek & Destroy" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

Centauro 2 won’t be much different compared to Centauro I 120 gameplay wise. It’s still a lightly armored wheeled vehicle within the meta of heavily armored MBTs.
Though I agree, Centauro 2 should’ve come in the previous update with the addition of the premium one ;)

2 Likes

oh sorry i think youve gotten my take a bit confused, i want smaller games. i will be switching to the 12 vs 12 format asap.

But for me, I want gajin change new targeting pod with 3rd gen thermal on pod & sight instead AN/AAQ-28 (V) Litening II for F-16C Block 50 in current dev server or next dev server

1 Like

I hope so, but I doubt they will add more or improve them. Still waiting for the ability to use Air to Ground weapons from the cockpit view by using the camera mfd screen to target ground units

In current modeling as, as it’s modeled to be a shot anywhere to remove it, even the plate which isnt part of mechanism is considered one, when in reality to disable carousel yiu would need to hit motor or memory core.
But even then crew has same backup controls for functioning the carousel which isnt hard.
The rammer is completely correct. Crew cant replace it as easy, it has to do it completely manually and thats where long manual reload time for T series come from.
So they chose to implement autoloaders incorrect, practically the worst way for vehicles having them.
Although 2S38 doesnt even have first ready rack now so if people really wanted it just because of 2S38 that backfired.
If human loaders got same treatment as current autoloaders it would mean modeling loader as whole square of his work space.

I know well the Israeli vehicles that can be added, I have recurring conversations with people from Israel, but they lack many options in terms of light vehicles, tank destroyers and anti-aircraft weapons in ranks 4 and 5, for example, in cases like that, Israel having a sub tree would be a solution to fill those spaces. The vehicles you described to me are of a high range.

Btw does OTOMATIC get internal model rework?

this is meant to be a nerf for autoloaders which have always been a bit too good for the lack of negatives they gave. doing this will now mean we can disable them which wasnt even possible before. although i think with some it should go to the manual loading (if it isnt already implemented that it).

Yeah I understand that and im totally fine with implementing them, however shooting just structure of carousel shouldnt disable it, shooting center of carousel, where the memory unit, motor and power distributor is WOULD however.

And autoloaders always had a downside of being not as fast as human autoloaders, it’s even more seen with Abrams having 5 sec reload time unlike most human loaders in NATO tanks, all while Leclerc or Type 10 still dont have their best time, they dont even have that much of upper hand now.

With most nations choosing to go with autoloaders for their perspective MBTs playing in ground battles in something like KF-51 for example will not give players a feeling “oh thats better than manual loader for once” it will just be a straight downside.
So I see them either buffing reload times, lowering BR or reworking it.

Question, do i need Trustlevel 3 to open a Topic in the Dev Section or what is required to do so?

Lol yeah forgor that.

the leclerc has a 5 second reload and the type 10 has a 4? and shooting the autoloader on either of them is basically shooting the ammo rack so i doubt not being able to load the next round is your top concern. with the t series tanks its always been a pain in the ass to do anything to them whenever you shot them centre mass (it may have changed recently but i havent played top tier to know), but with this it would mean your shot could feesibly stop them from firing more than one shot in retaliation. this evens it out as usually they would simply shoot you and either one shot you or take out your loader meaning your dead either way. now it forces them to think where to shoot rather than just let one lose.

if it makes players think before shooting then i think its a good change as slowing down the combat forces plays that are more strategic rather than simply holding w and shooting.

1 Like

Yeah but Type 90 and 10 can do better than 4 and I am sure 5 seconds isnt a limit for Leclerc.
Its just how easy it was. One nation has to sit and wait for just 5 seconds to be nerfed next major outright while other has to have dogshit players.

Yes, however it still as I described isnt logical and completely correct.
Also it completely cancels benefit of people in T srries carrying less than 22 or 28 rounds to make chance of explosion less as now it really doesnt matter with such modeling.
And even with that I wouldnt be here talking about this if they havent buffed manual loading by a big margin previous major, with implementing reload stages.
You can shoot out loader and gunner/commander will still probably finish reloading faster than your autoloader will. I wouldnt say that if that was a single case that happened to me or to my teammates.
At the very least they should make carousel autoloader split into carousel and rammer, and for carousel getting out of action only slowing reload, as it’s not that hard to crank the handle there.

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/Ya2DppVmGFo

I played GHPC and autoloaders there are modeled just as I described, however theres one more thing to their functionality and that is increased reload time of different ammo type if the different ammo type is far, which is realistic, however with WT loader logic it just works one ways for loaders and autoloaders rn.
Theres literal footage of russian plant worker just walking on carousel and making it spin.

Just tested the MICA and R-77 and they are still avoidable by people with some level o QI also like last dev server got killed more by FOX-2s than FOX-3s, is being fun, i’m gona make my way to AIM-120 then Derby, sadly i don’t have the gripen C and i’m not planning to grind it in dev server to test the R-Darter

although i know it will effect autoloaders, but to what degree i dont know. and its not like this wont effect me as i use and cherish my type 90 and type 10. but i think this is a step in the right direction. after its added we can then discuss the changes going forward. it may give them a reason to buff the reload rates, although i really dont think anything less than 4 is required for the type 90/10 as 4 is already more than enough. the leclercs im less knowledgeable on but 5 on my challenger is fine and you get a bigger ready rack. the t series are not to my play style but i dont think this will be a big change for top teir, however for the early t72s and t64s it may require them to be buffed.

The F-4F KWS LW needs the aim-9M stock the aim-9L is useless at 12.7 with this airframe

4 Likes

i think your forgetting that in t series you can still manually load rounds, which is what im hoping they model. otherwise yes i would agrea with you that this is a bit much. although it may not help in cqb all that much unless you have team mates. it could mean life or death if they are pushing and you need a round that instant.

It affects even Type 90 and 10s but in a slightly less form, as if it was realistic the hitbox would be smaller, and spacier.
What I mean of rn is you shooting out structure of Autoloader and not it’s actual mechanisms, rammers being exception.

Yes, however devs havent specified that and as i specified by me earlier even with disabled carousel they can crank the handle to rotate it just like back up gunner controls, if they would split carousel autoloaders into rammer and autoloader and make disabling autoloader only lower reload time to 10-12 seconds I would see that as a fair thing.
With disabling rammer I dont see a reason to add manual loading, as replacing rammer will probably be faster than manually loading it in game.

R-darter should just be a liscensed copy of the derby, so no big deal here. If the accurate G-load of derbys are realized, it would allow for a better combo with the gripen to throw off ARH+IR missiles in a dogfight.

1 Like