Major Update "Seek & Destroy" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

Muhaha

italian-nightmare-webpac

3 Likes

Me if I dont Find at least one Dutch D.XXI this update.

I feel like I remember seeing this somewhere but wasnt there a leak for an R27 neef or change

Mig-23s are getting nerfed

But not heard anything about R-27s

Idk I feel like I saw it somewhere reddit maybe

Haven’t even tested them on the previous dev-server, so idk.

This maybe?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/1d3e68d/possible_r27_nerf/

Exactly that actually

1 Like

Its an intersting nerf. Not sure what impact it will have. But with other nations getting DL. The Mig-29s and Su-27s slinging R-27ERs might have to adapt tactics. Things like this could impact that

I read apparently that the bug report is wrong in that it doesn’t ever use datalink. It’s just IOG that makes it look like it’s still tracking.

Interesting

Do we know what AMRAAM variant we are getting. I know it was the A model in the previous play test but that could have changed. Looking at the other missile’s introduction date it seems only fair to add the B/C variant because they came out at relatively the same time as the other ARHM being added.

i think its gonna be the AIM-120 B but im not sure

trailer had 120 a on the hud so maybe a? idk. f4f ice and rb99 are aim120b, and at least rb99 is confirmed.

1 Like

The trailer had the AIM-120A on the MFD for the F-15C. Unsure if it’s just an interim mod but it’s possible they also get the C (as a later unlock) since AAM-4 is equivalent?

If the Rb99 is 120b and the ICE is getting the B then it’s probably pretty safe to assume the F-15 is getting N aswell. Honestly to me C is out of the question because it was really just meant to fit in F-22 bay, with not much actually upgrades to the missile.

The non clipped fins suggests A/B. They perform basically the same so it doesn’t matter if it’s A or B.

AAM-4 is indeed equivalent to AIM-120 C

Sea Harrier FA2 only ever used Aim-120Bs. So I guess Aim-120 As and Bs minimum.

We’ll have to wait and see if we get Aim-120Cs. I’ve heard PL-12, AAM-4 and MICA were more akin to Cs

(Tornado F3 FSP used Aim-120C5s so at least 1 carrier could be coming and it would be a reasonable way to balance it)

1 Like

I guess we just wait 12ish more hours and see on the stream

1 Like