Major Update "Seek & Destroy" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

Have stream times been scheduled yet?

I updated it. I was wrong in thinking TWS updated guidance, however the R-27 Datalink should not deactivate after a target track is lost

Additionally, though not in that report, the CW beam guiding the R-27 also cannot be reactivated after losing lock

The Datalink is embedded in the CW beam signal, and the Radar will not reactivate that beam even if a target is immediately re-locked. A new missile must be fired.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/todo3RATsYNY

(@Morvran cuz you were also discussing this)

3 Likes

Not sure if the streams have been scheduled but they are normally around 6 AM PST

So what kind of impact would that have on gameplay/balance?

Notching an R-27 would mean it is dead in the water and only guiding on inertial guidance

No more launch, unlock, relock. Also no switching targets after launch.

1 Like

Nice. Way too often have I been killed in that manner

It’s also possibly over performing against look-down slow and beam-aspect targets because of the way the Datalink-SARH handoff works

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/IA1wypLIZtPl

Would not be surprised there either. Suffice to say. its a shame this info wasnt found 18 months ago.

3 Likes

dirty-docks-shawty

2 Likes

Hahaha

I wonder if this information was found but buried. Brit mains get accused of burying information on data that would result in nerfs all the time. Wouldnt surprise me if this was “old data”

But yeah… Tornado F3 against Mig-29s might have been tolerable for those 10 months

Russian stuff is hard to find because its in Cyrillic and usually only indexed on Russian sites like Yandex

Yeah… Another reason why I dislike non-British stuff in our TT. Much easier to bug report stuff when sources are “easily” accessible

So, not F-18 this update, eh?

I understand more modern BENELUX stuff will be “copypastes”, but ww2 and cold war stuff should still be fairly unique. However, I don’t think Gaijin has any interest beyond the occasional vehicle and low-effort actual copypastes.

1 Like

haha no

Looks like BVRAAMS are being limited to no more than 4 or 6, and considering how few US weapons are modeled, an F-18A would be kind of pointless imo

F15c can carry 8 though?

It was only shown in the trailer carrying 4, maybe it’ll be 8 on dev but idk

Swedes need a finisher to the Finnish tech line.

It will come 100% eventually, just not this update

Though, Gaijin seems to be slowly coming around to modeling more ASHMs, Bombs of the guided and dumb variety, etc

1 Like

The MICA EM can’t really be compared to any other ARH missile due to it having TVC and as such being in a category of its own.

1 Like