Major Update Concept/Pitch - "Call of Mahabharata" - The Indian Nation & Ground Tree

Well most of the time it’s for British vehicles like your Leopards so that’s an invalid point.
Plus most of us believed under gaijin post about the Commonwealth was for that.
But we now know it was for India and perhaps a 3rd sub nation.

You can’t really blame us for selecting nations that make sense to Britain via an unclear statement at the time.

I’ve seen Germans asking for the Swiss, Dutch the Spanish and even the Polish the hypocrisy is blindingly obvious.

2 Likes

Heres the thing though…
When gaijin said that why were the brits the only ones to misunderstant that it meant they get all of the common wealth?

As for germans asking for dutch or spanish i dont agree with,
Polish i can maybe bear but im most in favour of a swiss subtree. I still dont CLAIM swiss vehicles.
Unlike a few of my bluds here:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240714_113044_Samsung Internet
Screenshot_20240714_113353_Samsung Internet
Screenshot_20240714_113536_Samsung Internet
Screenshot_20240714_113626_Samsung Internet
Screenshot_20240714_114010_Samsung Internet
Screenshot_20240714_113904_Samsung Internet
Screenshot_20240714_113724_Samsung Internet
Screenshot_20240714_113713_Samsung Internet

Because in the previous years gaijin added stuff to tech tress that were ether the parent nation of the tech or closely allied hence why we thought Australia and Canada were going to be it.

As both nations even more so Australia is well represented in our tree.
So it would of been a nice continuation plus the RAAF F/A-18 would be a nice gap filler for us.

Imho Germany doesn’t really need a sub just better management I just don’t get gaijin reservist attitude towards modern tech for nations that aren’t Russia.

The post you posted is what I mean about how the lack of communication from gaijin.
If Gaijin said we were going to get India straight from the start I almost guarantee you.
The Leo arguments would never have happened.

1 Like

But hey, at least you guys still get an offbrand leo, (arjun noises)

Well 2 if we count the SA trailed 2A4 hehe.

: P

Isn’t the TTD kinda like a leo anyway? lol.
(It IS in gane, right?)

Stick to the topic everyone. Don’t derail the thread.

Not sure but some would argue some of the Vickers are British Ikea Leos lol.

Ether way looks like gaijin maybe adding 3 sub nations for nations going forward.
The Benelux and a rumour with a Russian mod did a no no saying Japan will get a region than one nation.

So the main question now is who will Britain’s 3rd will be.

My currents bets would be Jordan lol knowing gaijin

1 Like

If iceland or something got any thing to offer…
Im sure the brits will love some more cloudy weather

Truth be told I atcually like the weather we are having, some say it’s rubbish and not a proper summer.
But it’s better than baking to death at around 27 to 34.

In my time in the UK i loved the weather lol.
Idk what you guys complain about.
Here i am baking in 45°C and i hear you guys saying 27 is hot lol.

(All in good fun)

1 Like

Tbh my normal body temp is around 16 so I think I know where my ancestors came from.

Looking at you Danelaw and Vikings lol

1 Like

+1 as an Israeli styled tree

3 Likes

+1 as long as it starts Rank IV/V onwards, below does not seems to existing compared to higher tiers.

Also, @slowmo21too could you please provide some information, and images, about Bhishma ? I’ve seen there’s three main models, Bhishma Mk.I, Mk.II and Mk.III, and your Tree has additional variants such as Bhishma SK, Bhishma TWMP, Biathlon Version etc. What are their specifications and differences ? And why is there a separate T-90MS ? Did India acquired T-90MS directly from Russia before local production ?

1 Like

Certainly! Here’s a general comprehension of the T-90 “Bhishma” Tanks Used by India:

T-90 Bhishma: Guardian(s) of India

Bhishma Mk.I:

The Bhishma Mk.I is the first rendition of the Bhishma series built indigenously in India, being first built in 2001. Essentially just a License-Built T-90S, although built with some indigenous parts, and seeing the use of the French Catherine-FC thermal sight. Unlike typical Russian T-90As, Indian Bhishma tanks do not include the well-known Shtora-1 passive electronic countermeasure system, as it was considered obsolete by the Indian military, rather having them replaced with additional Kontakt-5 ERA blocks.

Bhishma Mk.II:

(NOTE: Infornation Regarding the Bhishma Mk.II is sparce, so some information may be vague or ommited.)

The Bhishma Mk.II is a relatively-minor upgrade to the Bhishma series, mainly only seeing the further indigenization of parts used in the tanks and minor improvements to the tank in general, first being built in the early 2010’s.

Bhishma Mk.III:

(NOTE: Infornation Regarding the Bhishma Mk.III is also sparce, so some information may be vague or ommited.)

The Bhishma Mk.III is the latest version of the Bhishma to date, first being announced in May 2024, The Bhishma Mk.III sees significant upgrades, seeing a majority of its parts such as its thermals, engine, and LRF being designed and built in India, and now includes technologies and equipment found on India’s Arjun MBT’s such as its FCS, and is reportedly capable of firing the SAMHO ATGM and Mk.II APFSDS. Further technologies such as a APS, loitering munitions, and other upgrades are also planned for later production blocks.

Bhishma SK:

The Bhishma SK is simply a license-built T-90SK, being a Commander’s T-90, having upgrades to its radio and navigation systems, however still is near-identical to standard Bhishma tanks.

Bhishma TWMP:

The Bhishma TWMP is already found in WarThunder as a squadron vehicle for the British Tech Tree, Being a Bhishma Mk.I with the Indigenous TWMP (Track-Width Mine Plow).

Bhishma Biathlon Variant (2015):

The Bhishma Biathlon Variant is a Mk.II Bhishma Tank that sees the removal of components such as a its frontal ERA blocks, side skirts, and some internal components, with upgrades to its engine and FCS to compete in the annual Russian Tank Biathlon. As a result, the tank is significantly faster and more nimble than its frontline counterparts, at the loss of significant protection.

Bhishma II:

The Bhishma II is to be locally-produced T-90MS for the Indian military, seeing a majority of its parts to be indigenously designed and built. Funding and a procurement of licenses have been ongoing for the last decade, however have largely been put on hold due to the current Russian war in Ukraine.

T-90MS:

The T-90MS is the Russian export-variant of the T-90AM, largely meant for purchase by India, as a result being specialized to better function in environments found in India.

I hope this all helps! If you have further questions or I mentioned something incorrect, please let me know! And if you want similar explanations about other vehicles/series, such as the Ajeya or Arjun, do say!

5 Likes

@lLiberté, my bad i replied to the wrong person, but here’s your explanation!

do you have any info on the T-90MS for India or the Bhishma II

1 Like

Iirc India dropped the plan to purchase T-90MS, they instead are upgrading the T-90S.

1 Like

That was an incredible read, thank you. It is hard to come by information about Indian tanks and modifications, again thank you.

Most certainly I would like to read about those, even other stuff too. This kind of informations legitimize the Tree, even more so if supported with images like you did.

Not directly related to Bhishma but still, would not it better if you had Rank VII premium like rest of the other nations ? Bhishma SK would do nice 10.3 premium and you could replace it with Bhishma Mk.I and Mk.II foldered in its place. Bhishma Mk.III and II would do as VIII researchables.

Another question, why is there a SK Early and Bhishma Late ? Why not just go with Mk.I/II/III ? And also you most definitely should add those informations to your main post, it is much more detailed and you can list every Bhishma separately, which in my opinion would help reader to learn about those me.

Yep! Here’s some basic info:

T-90MS: The Half-Way Point

The T-90MS is the sort of halfway point between the T-90A (Proryv-1) and T-90M (Proryv-3), specifically being a export variant of the T-90AM (Proryv-2), being first seen at the Russian Expo arms in 2011 and was first marketed in 2012 at the DEFEXPO conference in New Delhi.

The T-90MS (Or T-90AM) is essentially a modernized T-90A by installing a simplified T-90M turret onto a T-90A chassis, seeing upgrades to its engine, now up to 1,130 hp, New Relikt ERA placement, a 7.62mm RCWS system for the commander with improved thermals, and a new Sosna-U Gun sight for the Gunner, and electronic upgrades. A desertized T-90MS was tested in Kuwait in 2013, passing and marketed to India and Middle-Eastern countries.

The T-90MS was to be purchased by the Indian Ministry of Defense for local production as a replacement to the T-90S Bhishma tanks India already was operating, signing a $2.8 billion contract for India’s Ordinance Factory Board to produce the T-90MS in 2019, entering service as the “Bhishma II”. The contract has been since put on hold due to a variety of factors, such as pending negotiations for licensing and local investment, and the 2022 Invasion of Ukraine. In 2024, The Indian MoD announced that the contract will be on hold if not outright cancelled as India begins production of its Bhishma Mk.III tanks.

2 Likes