Major Update 'Alpha Strike" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

cause no one wants to grind heils

1 Like

as fas as I know the H145M “replaces” the role the old Bo 105s filled lf a loght attack helicopter and the Tiger KHT stays in service alongside them for now

I just did the british heli tree a few weeks ago, but its pretty small

Yeah it is but Ah Mk1 has got much going for it

I mean why should you pick for example a bo105 instead of the new alpha jet or UH-1C instead of the A4E.

Helis are like the Maus. Hard to balance. They either outrange SPAAs or are inferior to planes

Yeah the ground RP stuff didn’t help

Heli EC is like turning your Brain off and becoming a Bot

and then it still takes weeks of that uneventful gameplay to get anyt

well the H145M was supossed to be a temporary replace of the Eurocopter but in 2020 the US project was cancelled so they are obligated to stay with them for now

The Luftwaffe was the most underfunded part of the bundeswehr and they should have gotten the most money from the package.

But on the other hand. We see now that Air (except drones of course) isn’t that important anymore in ukraine. Patriot, Stingers and IRIS-T just shoot most threats down

yea about those, Air defence is part of the Luftwaffe’s job now

the Heeresflugabwehr (Army Air Defence) has been pretty much dissolved when the Gepard left service

1 Like

just wishing germany dosent do anything stupid for now and they actually join the eurocopter MK3 programme

Spoiler

Yeah hope they stock up on air defense now after having prove

I hope so too, can’t say I believe it tho

Yea I mean someone really has to go out of there way and really pull this off to make this vehicle worth it.

Like commissioning vehicles isn’t cheap at all and this Canadian built SA armed car is so in the wood our export can’t even find info on it. @StormRyder13

3 Likes

That will end up in chaos, because of shares. Airbus helicopters in munich would need a share and that would change the whole project again

they bought 19? Sky ranger AFAIK

that is enough to defend like what 50km of frontline?

uk is in a similar boat (I hope for the wildcat with 20 IR guided Marlets) unless gaijin wants to make a second version of the british apache to give it brimstones, there isnt anything better for the uk

The Bo105s are definitely far from perfect because as you already said, they are pretty defenseless but they are also very maneuverable. And I agree that its weird for the upgrade HKP9A(FC) to not have a RWR

1 Like

Yeah they need more but at least it is on a boxer chassie which is nice (they had the skyranger already on ground). Defending the sky is best done near the front which would be in eastern europe