Major Update 'Alpha Strike" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

Sub-Trees should have been a new tab. ZA had enough for a independent tree. (All the dominions with the exception of New Zealand(but everyone assumes they’d be with Australia anyways) do if you push it).

But with new tabs you could use up to 5 line if needed for the sub nation. (Because some of the sub nations people push for would need all 5 lines. To not be missing large part of their tech)

2 Likes

This is a big problem for the South African branch. They have more than 40 armored vehicles, but they will not add anything because Britain, and vice versa. They won’t add anything Britain because South Africa

1 Like

How much does an avatar change a person’s perception

1 Like

It often throws me for a lop. As suddenly something I use to tell who’s who I can’t use anymore.

1 Like

If I had the opportunity, I would set myself
this

Spoiler

IMG_20240226_144840

or

Spoiler

boo i can change it back

It just a memorization quirk of mine. Give it so time and I’ll get used to a new pfp.

There 's no " era " limitation on naval additions. From the 1900 's to the 1990 's, ships are sourced so long as they can fight.

It 's the lightweight ships mainly, especially those armed w/ missiles. We’ve already seen that gaijin has plans to add small missile FAC 's for years now, and of late we’ve had increasing developments towards them. However, Britain on their own would lack options for such vessels( and has generally lacklustre mosquito-spawn options even now, while already having most major examples of their MTB/MGB 's )

1 ndtzWId-9f9RVZxpRUGWWg-2387558231
India, though, does not lack for options to compete in the coming small-fleet arena. They’re squeezed in other areas, in which GB has and will have their own ships to use.
So, it does not appear improbable that IN ships would be integrated to GB 's lacking areas, taking into account the growing use of their other vehicles w/in this techtree.

Hot take, but couldn’t you apply the same thing to a Sherman and the Canadian Grizzly?
They have different names, but overall it’s just a different variant or different building license.

Unless it’s one of those “Rules for thee but not for me” type thing.

Licensed built stuff it just weird.

I had to figure it out when I started thinking Canadian Air tree project as they is a ridiculous amount of license built aircraft.

From what I could find they are considered variants of the thing the are licensed built on.

So in this case a Grizzly is a Sherman variant. And not a C&P Sherman.

The Grizzly would be a C&P Sherman though, unless its the later version with the Canadian tracks.

1 Like

Gameplay wise most likely. But by everything else no.

Licensed built things a considered a variant from the nation the built it. As that how everything lists licensed built in my research.

The Taiwanese were the biggest foreign operator of the AIM-9P-4 from my understanding so it’ll probably be for them.

2 Likes

Its literally an M4A1 Sherman with a different radio set.

2 Likes

Czechia also should operate them

1 Like

Like I said Gameplay C&P but by everything else is a Sherman variant.

Licensed built stuff are considered variants even if they are identical to the base if someone else built it.

Even official website would list identical aircraft and a variant if they were built by someone else(like the handfull of times I ended up on BAEs website look for info on aircraft for a company they absorbed.)

1 Like

I’m not playing pretend and calling it a variant. It is an M4A1 Sherman with a different name. It would literally be the definition of copy-paste.

1 Like

And I pointed out the Gameplay wise it is C&P but In real life it a variant by literally everything else.

As different Radio would make a hell of a difference to the troops using it.

100% agree, the subtrees should be new tabs and can also be investigated from the main tab (as is currently the case with the helicopters and tanks tab).

1 Like

Perhaps the Taiwanese F-5E will receive AIM-9P-4, and the American get the 9L, where both would be raised to 11.0.

3 Likes