Major Update 'Alpha Strike" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

Yeah like Verdun (the shooter). Sounds too Dutch.
There it’s not even southern Dutch but proper Hollandish city Dutch for Belgian troops.

Less in some place :p
(Island of St Maarten in South America)

12 Likes

Totally forgot, but yeah, neighbours.

i mean yeaaaa … but does this really count since it’s not mainland

besides vehicles we tend to forget that the level design also needs much bigger attention then it has now.
Just look at this new map, I understand that this isn’t the ground vehicle zone but it’s very close to it and these inconsistencies are very noticeable from aircraft and helis. what you can see here is a very strange river path (it’s split in half for no reason), houses and trees just standing inside of it, terrain deformed next to river in a very poor way. I am familiar with Unreal engine and know that this kind of things are very easy to fix and polish and I think that devs just might not care much about quality. They be charging 70+ $ for single DLC vehicles and this kind of primitive issues shouldn’t be tolerable

4 Likes

It’s still Netherland and France. Countries are not limited to mainland.

1 Like

Even the inside of the city i found it flat, lacking real things (hard to describe) like a 2000’s game.

The design is not very human.

From air view at least i mean.

Also…

Résumé

6 Likes

not to mention that it isn’t perfectly flat as it should be

1 Like

This is the kind of problem with the old online games in the modern time. right now War Thunder is pushed forward just by adding more and more modern toys, that’s why we don’t feel that the game is getting old, but what happens when this recourse dries out? players will get bored and downward trend of online and sales is going to start. I wrote about this in the letter that we could send to Gaijin during New Year period, hope somebody paid at least some attention to it. it will be impossible to make war thunder next gen game altogether, it takes some time, and they need to start working on that already. it must be visually impressive and entertaing to new players so the online number can remain high

1 Like

Only “hill” in the lowlands is simply the curvature of the earth.

If out of nowhere next gen war thunder competitor appears on the market and offers similar or better sim-cad experience that we have now many of us might reconsider what game we play in the years to come. Sure, hypothetical competitor won’t boast with 2500+ vehicles that war thunder has right from the start but if the players sense that future of gaming isn’t really part of war thunder many will switch, new players will for sure play what’s more visually impressive if the mechanics of gameplay are similar.

They looked at the Amsterdam map in COD Warzone, stole a few ideas of buildings, combined them with old WT map layout and the result is here ladies and gentlemen

look at the things ive put in spoiler, and look at the bridges x)

1 Like

Bridges make you want to instantly ban the map, but at least we got a nice 4k fluffy cats banner

5 Likes

“Cats”

“4k”

3 Likes

Do we know if they are going to update the cockpit of the Ah64DJP as well with carrying over the one from Ah64D?

I’m unlikely to ban the upcoming map it looks fun.

there are too many open spaces, might not work for me

It looks more playable than maps like Fire Arc.