Major Update 'Alpha Strike" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

Mixed,
Lovely to see a Bf 109 in 2024 being added
Zerstörer 45 cool
Alpha Jet meh, just a few years to late…
And the new Tac view is realy cool

But as a German main, which prefers higher BRs to play its a sad update

Excited to use the F20

1 Like

Same

So I’m a british main and therefor my views are informed by that:
Pros: Looking forward to the new naval fcs mechanics, fox is cool, and happy that I’m getting a more usable buccaneer variant as well as MAWS on the Harrier (was already using the buccaneer as a carpet bomber, will be cool to have a variant with flares)
Outside of Britain; Mutsu for Japan is cool, and the 120S is one of the few american vehicles I actually kinda dig the look of

Cons: Just kinda meh outside of that? Like I feel there isn’t much in it for me as a brit main but none of the other nations have fared much better, even Italy mainly just got stuff other nations already had. I appreciate they’ve added an extra ship for britain cause I do enjoy naval but its just yet another Daring Class, and the Wessex is meh.

I would have liked to see maybe a couple interesting/weird additions but there’s not much that sticks out. Still I’m outside where I normally live atm and can’t play until its nearly time for the June update anyway lol so looking forward to grinding the Fox and Buccaneer S.2B when I’m back, and by the time I have those it’ll nearly be time for the midyear update (where I’m hoping for the County Class Destroyers or KGV/Nelson class battleships to make an appearance)

And all in all I can’t complain too much really, Britain, despite everyones moaning, has been treated pretty well consistently since New Power IMO. I mean we’ve got a new top tier vehicle at least once per update for a while now, and even when we haven’t we’ve at least got something unique or interesting to keep us entertained.

Don’t forget the Challenger 2 rework

Vehicle additions would be a 5-6 out of 10 for me.

There isn’t really any vehicle that I’m personally super excited about, but there also aren’t really any bad additions. Some very needed additions like the ZBD04A and some more controversial additions with the F-20A as a rank VIII, but most additions are just okay.

New features would be 7-7.5 out of 10 for me.

Replay system is nice, the new resupply changes on caps for GRB are absolutely amazing, detection zone for the airspawn in ground RB is much needed and the fuel slider is very welcome. All in all just great qol changes.

3 Likes

For me, the announcement of F-5 FCU alone was enough to made my day! Can’t wait to play it!

The good (IMO)

• Alpha jets
  • F-5 FCU (Thailand mentioned!!!)
  • Naval mechanics
  • Hungarian Tech tree (Congrats to the Hungarian players for finally getting both air and ground! I hope Thailand will get both in the future!)

The Meh

• It seems like Chinese Tech Tree only gets one new thing

I know that it might sound a little bit to childish or unconstructive, I am just easy to please (^^)

Thank you for making this Thai player’s dream of seeing Thai vehicle in War Thunder dream come true. Thanks for your hard work maintaining the Wiki. If you can get in touch with the devs, please give them my regards.

3 Likes

another update with no tech tree A-6E or US AV-8B
why does gaijin hate giving the US strike vehicles it widely used?

3 Likes

Add the A-4M to that list too

3 Likes

Interesting to found really old French words like that in English x)

What is the detection zone for the airspawn in ground RB?
Any article about it?

Meh for me.

Alpha jets are cool but almost DoA for me, should be here years ago.

A SPAA for the 3.7 French lineup is cool too but was not the biggest gap/ things needed to work.

The new cam is really a cool things.

I think the best things from this update are the little QoL coming from the roadmap, and the cam

1 Like

Mid. Nothing really interests me this update there was one thing maybe but even then not really.

Just a very nothing update. even more so as a WW2 in-joyer as the BF-109 is nice but I like allied things more.

Oh, there were the 2 SPAAs I guess. needed but not trees I play often.

Don’t think there is an article about it.

Iirc it’s like on the ground where if you are within a certain area around the enemy airfield/airspawn you will show up on the minimap. Making it more difficult to spawncamp.

Type M mine, is that japanese or british?

[Development] AH-1W Super Cobra: The Venomous Marine - News - War Thunder

3 Likes

It’s cool for USA to get a new choppa almost every 2/3 update but i hope it would be the case for others country.

2 Likes

I’m super happy to see the ZBD04A in-game.
Finally China can get a somewhat domestic IFV instead of a copy-paste BMP and an event T-54 with a different turret.

China has so many IFVs available in real life and them getting their first actual IFV is amazing. A bit of a shame that it has the same guns as the BMP-3 so people will continue to misconstrue it as a BMP.

That’s why I hope we’ll get something like the VN17 soon.

Still, the ZBD04A is great - especially after they fixed its ATGM reload. (Hopefully it gets its spall liner that was acknowledged in the bug report, as well - but since there’s so many Chinese tanks missing spall liners still, it probably won’t happen…) I can’t wait to play it at 11.7 since I uptier all my light tanks to top tier anyway.

5 Likes

Lucky, some older ingame nation are still waiting xD

The roadmap stuff

“Tacview” as people call it

The first Su-25 which is genuinely capable of doing CAS duty when fighting against top AA. I’m not really sure if 40km range missiles is really the right solution, but Su-25 probably need to outrange AA since they can’t be fast or dodge missiles other than stingers on a good day.

FV721 looks somewhat interesting, although since the rounds with actual penetration are now rank 4, not sure what 51mm of pen is going to be doing at 7.0

ZBD04A and ZSU-23-M4 are the only things I’m unreservedly excited for.

Other stuff is either disinteresting to me, disappointing to me or bad for the game IMHO.