Major Update 'Alpha Strike" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

I think gajin could add AIM-120C-3 & AIM-120C-5 model on cdk dev server for second major update before IRIS-T in december

I doubt in second major update gajin might be ready AIM-120C-3 & AIM-120C-5 on nato and MNNA fighter aircraft 12.7 to rank 8, and in december gajin might consider decompress max BR to 13.0 for fighter aircraft toptier with another 5th generation infrared Air-to-Air Missile

1 Like

Says who?

Why would that be easy to understand? Have they confirmed this somewhere?

Iris-T is much more relevant to Gripen C.

‘People who think otherwise are just stupid’… dude

1 Like

cope harder jesus, we arent near IRIS-T

the healthy human common sense. sweden didnt have a real fighter until the grippen a, they naturaly want to keep one as far below as possible. Seriously its not that hard to understand

interactions have shown their intentions quite clearly in that regard

1 Like

And if the A was given AMRAAMS they would have nothing to fill that gap

even more so with coming seperate air and ground br. they might be able to balance its br even better since most of the grippens br is its multi role capability, the grippens have shit bvr missles and might even go back to 12.3 in air for all we know

they would then tell us that the thai version is slightly different and ours isnt read and will come in 2 years

1 Like

If they gave the A AMRAAM then there would be no point adding Gripen C for at least another year. Only other chance is IRIS-T which for a agile dogfighter is probably not until sometime 2025.

I doubt they move it to 12.3

It could come once AIM-120C gets added, and I don’t think it’s more than a year off. Also, IRIS-T could wait and it’ll use AIM-9M in the meantime.

yeah that wont happen lol, as funny as it would be to watch people have a meltdown over it

maybe, we will see. One thing they need to do is move mig 29g down in grb. it has no reason being 12.7 there with it a2g armament it isnt a multirole like every other freaking 12.7 aircraft

the thing is, its still a great air to air platform so I doubt it will move down by much

them getting aim 9m is historicaly inaccurate either way, they should get aim 9l(I) same with italis av 8b+

Maybe, but again, what’s the point. Better to just leave the A as it is, to give a decent 12.7 IR fighter rather than delaying the Gripen C for 120Cs. And leaving a void. Viggen D could be moved up to patch that void, but the Swedish tree just doesn’t have that much. It’s a balancing act.

oh not fighting that. 12.3 or 12.0 the most anything more would be way to overkill

the Gripen C from SA never mounted skyflash or aim9Ms it did mount the A darter but I doubt gaijin would give it to them

finnish f/a 18 exists as well just saying

Yeah, but thats “not anytime soon” as well. It’s not likely to be added next major update with ARH (assuming ARH comes next update)

I dont think gaijin would do that otherwise there would have been more reason to give the UK a CF18 then a Gripen C they have to make up fantasy loadouts for

they did say that ARH missiles are coming in the second major patch of 2024