Major Update 'Alpha Strike" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

New plane is better shocker, regardless it doesnt matter in the end as it all comes down to how gaijin implements them.

4 Likes

Yeah, but instantaneous turn will matter more in dogfights with those missiles. Also people are gonna want to merge slower

Question for the sweden mains. What does the grippa C bring to the table that isn’t on the A model right now?

if it drops tomorrow we would get a server maintenance announcement today

If they wanna make the Thia ground tree interesting than yeah, T-84 incoming

2 Likes

Not having to grind 600k rp while averyone else gets it added to their current aircraft.

1 Like

people are gonna want to stay as far apart as possible with these missiles

The grind doesn’t concern me tbh.
I was asking from a technical standpoint cuz I don’t understand the fuss about what is so good about it compared to the A

I’m really hoping the thai F-5E can stay at 11.0 for now so it can act as a CAS plane for all the Type 90’s at 11.0

2 Likes

I’m going to full on GE that thing I’m not going to wait months for it

1 Like

currently the A is buffed to the imaginary C standard we currently have for the other 2 Cs which too Isn’t historical

the real As were all upgraded to C standard by the sweds but unlike in game IRL they were renamed too

Two middle pylons used for cas and 20 countermeasures, and new radar. Also the countermeasure nerf is fake and added for balance like removing tracers amd stating they would look at adding the computer aiming that sweden used on their aircraft then 3 years later deciding to add a fake belt instead of just using the swedish one with tracers.

And not adding the conputer targeting so just more of a dumb move to remove tracers.

1 Like

Well to be fair, if we really had J35A flying around and killing 8.7 jets with 0 tracer and EEGS, we might have a problem.

1 Like

My biggest gripe with the gripen was they shouldve added the atlas cheetah for britain instead of the gripen and add ahistorical loadouts cause gaijin really likes to pick and choose with that. At least the gripen wouldve been interesting for sweden for a patch until it was added to another nation. Besides look at the barack II it never used those missiles yet here we are.

we needed it and the cheetah wouldn’t solve our problems

1 Like

Agreed, but never the less tracers being removed is dumb as youll never know how sporatic they like to shoot if you cant see them. Besides the j35a was a bad addition besides if you think the j35a is bad at 9.7 try the milan holy crap that thing is disgusting to fly. I love dunking on a5c’s with it. J35a just isnt nearly as oppressive as my milan.

Depends how you look at it. But most importantly:

Gripen C is:

100kg heavier (A is 6700kg, C is 6800kg, currently both are 6750 in game, probably to help make FM consistent between both)

Can carry meteors, and more modern AMRAAM probably

Has a better radar

Has the EWS39 electronic warfare system

Iris-T was tested on Gripen A but they’ll probably make it a Gripen C exclusive

You could also argue that Gripen C should have HMD, although it was also used on Gripen A late in development, just pointing this out because there’s a common misconception that Gripen A didn’t have HMD or Fox 3, which it did.

2 Likes

Personally, I suppose that Cheetah C would be 12.7 BR and located before JAS39C Gripen

I doubt another UK tech tree fighter-bomber & multirole fighter aircraft 12.3 ~ 12.7 before Cheetah C would be Super Mirage F1 & Cheetah D at rank 8