Major Update 'Alpha Strike" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

I think what the community is trying to tell you. Is after over a year, we’d like the Tornados maybe finished at some point and it’s about time that it gets done. Maybe time for a Dev-blog + overhaul for the aircraft. The number of unfinished elements of the Tornados is a travesty and I don’t understand why it’s been left neglected for so long

2 Likes

im sick and tired of developers releasing material and calling it ‘beta testing’ and simply moving onto other stuff.
finish the job you started or simply say the truth that you gave up.
because if there is one thing i know… is that if a company or an organisation or people become complacent… they get replaced

4 Likes

Yeah, I don’t mind new stuff needing an update or 2 to be finished. But there is so much unfinished content at the moment it’s kinda insane. They almost need to an update where they add no new vehicles and instead just finish old stuff plus maybe a few new mechanics like better ground radar for aircraft for example

1 Like

Do we have any ECM? That’s news to me. Unless the IR Jammer on the Su-39 and 25T count as ECM, then I understand why. But there are not any other ECM Systems ingame, is that correct?

Wasn’t the AGM-65 marketed on the Tornado for customers? Is that not valid as evidence?

The tornados we have used Sky Shadow ECM pods in place of one of their Boz pods which are only anti-radar. There was some data mined stuff for them that might indicate ECM being worked on.

I’m hoping after ARH gets added that will be the next radar based mechanic. Though hopefully in June we’ll get our missing 1200 chaff

As for AGM-65, I think it was considered but not tested or something, was a conversation about it on the old forums, but it’s finding the evidence which is tricky. I am surprised they didn’t add PGM or PGM equivalents to both Italy and Germany at the same time as Britain, it was a rare example of us getting buffed and not nerfed

7 Likes

That might do it

Probably not enough imo, would need a further document stating they were in fact used and not just marketed.

Sorry, should have specified. Any ECM ingame. I know the Tornados used different ECM systems IRL, replacing one of the Boz-Pods.

I believe there was some testing done. But I am not sure. I just remember said discussion too. Are there any marketed features on other vehicles too? If not… well, that’s a certain no for this mechanic then, if it is just marketing instead of testing. WARNO has the Tornado with AGM-65s, but they might just have taken the liberty and concluded that the cold to hot war scenario would see Tornados fly with Mavericks, which is likely if this was on the drawing board or even tested. The only thing I know is that AGM-88s are rail launched like the AGM-65s. But I don’t know if it is the same or a different rail.

Is thar a indian tornado

No, an italian one.

I see the roundels and the writing confused me

Only the IRCM on the Su25/Su39. But not many used IR based ECM, most used MAWS and flares. Tornado does get MAWS via the TERMA pod, but not until the next round of Tornados

The other 3rd party users of the Tornado was Saudi Arabia.

Which should land us a good premium idk what weapons the Saudis used.

1 Like

So yea it’s a good pick for a premium then.

Since the Germans got there is won’t be fair, if we don’t get ours and it will show yet again they want to forget Britain.

Yeah… It would be a good pick Britain is lacking a premium “CAS” aircraft (i partially think that the Jaguar IS was meant to patch that hole). Id love a decent premium mud mover for Britain

1 Like

No sea harrier with derby we get

That would also be a good pick, though I doubt Britain will get a Premium ARH carrier anytime soon. Sometime next year perhaps.

Bro you would have to pay me to play the Tornado WTD61 lmao. It’s dog shit.