Major Update 'Alpha Strike" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

And that… Is exactly why I was worried about getting something like the Gripen in the first place.

I really hope not. It would be a great shame to deny Britain any and all of our native options because “we have something better anyway”

That being said. I think we will still need them.

Assuming Gripen with ARH goes higher than 12.7, then don’t forget, it is our only 12+ aircraft currently. If it does move higher, that is gunna leave one hell of a gap. That gap could be filled by FA2 at 12.3 and F3 FSP at 12.7. then the Gripen can move up just fine without leaving a giant gap

Or, you know, Gaijin can just not make an asinine decision for once and add the Typhoon DA.2 at 12.7, but that would be a good decision, and we know what Gaijin’s like with those.

Unfortunately. I think if they could have added the Typhoon DA2 in a 12.7 config, they would have done. I’m guessing it will have 6x 9Ms and 6x 120Bs. So will be higher than the Gripen C with ARH

The DA.2 wasn’t integrated with AMRAAMs as far as I know, so just AIM-9Ms.

I think it was, besides, I’d really not want to face AMRAAM with only IR

From what I’ve read, the radar wasn’t even equipped until the DA.4, and at the very least it wasn’t properly operation until that one.

If seperate BR for air and ground are implemented, I suspect a lot of things about planes will change. Likely lots of capabilities that were researched but previously unimplemented for reasons of this tricky balance between air and ground performance, may relatively suddenly be changed.

Su-39 is an obvious example since it can get an appropriate br for each gamemode and therefore its full weapons compliment.

2 Likes

honestly I don’t get why T80UD gets to sit at 10.0 with this performance, its like a Obj.292 with weaker pen, it should get a TO1-PO2T thermal as the upgraded version and 3BM46 and go to 10.7 or above

1 Like

oh heck yeah

It would correlate with the second 2024 Major Update, where in the roadmap we can see the implementation of different BRs for ground and air battles. Plus, with the arrival of the MR ARHMs, planes like the Su-39 could get their ARHMs.

1 Like

Is this with the list from olivia that was posted in part 3?

any chance of seeing the SEP V2 TUSK kit being added as an add on option for the vehicle this patch?

It hasn’t happened on the dev server right now, there’s been no announcement about it.

Doesn’t mean it can’t or won’t happen this patch, but there are 0 positive indications for it.

They somehow seem to think that it’s a useful and worthwhile add on package to take into battle in WT, so I doubt it.

Time to Tigershark once again today

Actually speaking of: any word on drop tanks for it yet?

1 Like

Tigershark?
Gib

Looking forward to the patch release

1 Like

Same, and also same
If I can get the drop tanks for it, then my life will be complete

Speaking of, a friend of mine is working on a very… special skin for it :D

1 Like

German skin?

Btw, anyone know if internal release date is already mined yet?

Nah, it’s a purely fictional one

I will give you a small sneak peak at what it is…
Kazamashark

1 Like

That would be a dream come true.

1 Like