Major Update 'Alpha Strike" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

Yeah, I’m expecting at least 1 more next patch because:
-People will complain it’s unfair only US gets it. (lol, rUsSiAn BiAs where?)
-It’s possible they’ll pull an AIM-9B with the new FOX-3’s and give each nation a FOX-3 premium at some point.

Which makes me wonder, assuming that is correct (not saying it is, just speculating from that standpoint for fun), what would other nations get if the rule is:
-FOX-3 capable
-Rank 8
-Not a “main” jet like F-15/16 because they want fans of those to grind them out.

China a modern J-8
Germany an F-4
France another M-F1 (could carry MICA’s I think)
What are some other ones?

MiG-25 for USSR/JP :^)
They could continue being funny and give Britain a harrier. Italy too, I guess

5 Likes

For JP, LOL, yeah because he flew there. I’d love that.

MiG-25 has something more similar to AIM-54’s so Russian mains might want a more manoeuvrable premium ARH. Perhaps Su-39 gets them and is moved up one rank.

I thought they were throwing Yugoslav vehicles at Italy now, also, and had a mini panic attack.

2 Likes

Pylons for the R-77 and R-27 are already in the game files for the SU-39

2 Likes

Oh wow, yeah I could see them raise the Br and rank if they’d give it R-77 and at that new rank adding R-27’s wouldn’t hurt either.

I wouldn’t say super low. We already see MANPADS around that br, especially between stuff like the Chaparral, Santal, Ocelot, Sidam Mistral, Gepard 1A2, and PGZ-04. This isn’t anything new, and unlike the Strella, isn’t overwhelmingly OP when we look at the firepower. 4 Iglas ain’t bad busy also isn’t anything new nore OP, and are still at 10g overload, with a caged seeker, while other MANPADS are already superior in a few ways like the Stinger or Mistral.

“Super Low” seems very dramatic here

It’s just a weird addition in my eyes. It should definitely be fine at 10.3, but I didn’t really feel like the USSR needed another MBT premium at that BR, and was rather hoping for a premium Tank at 11.3 instead. I guess the wallet warriors now get 2 tanks tho lol

Apperently if you move it out of the inner square, it cancels the lock, which is nice cus in the past I’ve noticed that the feature could be finiky and frustrating

1 Like

So what’s up with the mega shilka, and why is it not in a folder with the current shilka? seems like a perfect spot for a folder

I only ever remember seeing pylons for the R-27, never heard about the R-77. I know it’s possible IRL but I don’t think the devs have made progress towards it yet for the 39

Well ones 8.0 and the others 9.3, so I think they are to different br wise to folder. Plus even the gepard 1A2 isn’t either

I could be wrong but I am sure there are pylons for the R-27 in-game but not so sure about the R-77s, in real life the SU-39 should be capable of carrying 4x R-73s, 2x R-77s and 2x R-27s at the same time which would be interesting to see in-game if it ever comes (this is excluding the Kh-29TE and Vikhrs pylons).

(All R-27 variants & specifically the RVV-AE export variant of the R-77)

2 Likes

I’m know the R-27 pylons were datamined, but I just never remember hearing about the R-77 pylons being found for the Su-39. It’s still unclear if they have future plans for it

I think if the F-20 ends up getting AMRAAMS, then we can certainly see this Su-39 getting those loads and a rank change.
Of course, IF the F-20 gets AMRAAMs

Fudge it, Nimrod MRA.4 british ARH prem
Subsonic airliner that could (due to using a universal hardpoint system) mount advanced IR missiles, and at a stretch mount amraams (the radar was designed to track naval and air targets, and the data bus and SMS are off the shelf parts with amraam compatibility) so yeah gimme an airliners with amraams for the meme

3 Likes

Wat da frick is this thing, jeezus christ a boat with wings and AMRAAMs…

5 Likes

Still will probably be able to out turn the tornado 😂

1 Like

The best and only one I can think of for Britain is the Indian Sea Harrier FRS51

Has a similar performance radar to the FA2, but doesnt have engine upgrade and uses magic 2s and Derbys. Would be an ideal 12.3 ISH premium that wouldn’t take away one of our limited TT choices.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if Britain doesn’t get even the SHarrier FA.2 for a while since the ZA JAS39C will be getting R-Darters.