Major Update “Air Superiority” - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 3)

We have only seen 2 questionable leaks containing amraams though. So I’m not sure where that likely is coming from?

that likely was there before

we’ll also see JAS39 according to both leaks and that thing basically needs AMRAAMs to be any better than 11.3

it cause we know the Gripen is coming and it only has sidewinders and AMRAAMS

1 Like

I think everything that can mount amraams and their equivalents above 11.7 also kind of needs them to compete with the F-15 and Su-27.

Assuming the Su-27s and F-15s would be added without them.

Early su27 couldn’t mount them

Yes

So, the gripen is official, any specific model of it?

It should be C model for Sweden…but dont know if it even get radar missiles

Gripen C

Hmm, wanna see the Iris-T with thrust vectoring and 25km range, I don’t remember, but I think the D model is the “multirole/strike”

two seater no gun

C model is also a multirole/striker, so it should have CAS capability. A was only air only. And not sure about B

I added that Kings of Battle was decent as well. Even if it wasn’t as good as La Royale.

My biggest problem though is that ground side this has potential to be a bad update for everyone except the US and USSR, depends if Germany gets their 2A7V in a decent state and a good IFV.

Maybe thats what smin was referring to when he said “It means about a year or so ago, this vehcile wasn’t really possible to introduce. That’s all we can say for now.” Gripen with early fox 3s

Okay, noticed you got the night map pfp, I have it turned on, but I’ve only gotten one.

Yes. AMX or A-11 attacker, M-346 Master, Aermacchi M-345, SIAI-Marchetti S.211 ect…

Like…i wouldnt mind as it cannot carry Aim-7M and it cannot carry aim-120 becuase we dont have them in game yet and which i dont think will come…but we will see

Gripen cant use AIM-120s?

Yeah…”right now”
ARMs better be added. Make them non-functional in ground battles, as the vehicle radars are too small to lock onto, as you said.

Just add radar installations, functional or not, to the bombing bases of each team.
Allow large ARMs to lock onto and destroy such installations. Maybe the base will be destroyed too. Maybe not.

Hell - imagine this! They are separate from bombing bases! Crazy, I know.
But then you can ensure enough bases for bombers and ARM carrying aircraft.

So tired of just “bomb these predesignated bases on the map and try not to get intercepted, lol!”

IMG_2235

4 Likes

Actually the acronym JAS means fighter/striker/reconasaince, so even Gripen A was capable of CAS