M52 Self Propelled Howitzer

I am not the only one who feels that way.Many are mourning the death of WW2 vehicles in lower tiers due to the flood ill fitting vehicles.

1 Like

No thank you. It’s just a faster but less armored M4A3 (105) that also has limited turret traverse. It’s mobility isn’t even that fantastic despite being on a Bulldog. It’s just barely on par with the Chaffee, which isn’t good for something of this size and armor thickness. No greater than 4.7 WITH HEAT. At 6.0, it’d be worse than all of its contemporaries by far.

1 Like

Death of WW2 vehicles? What WW2 vehicles are dead?

German heavies still have FANTASTIC guns and volumetric-bug-prone armor. As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, the Tiger’s 88mm Pzgr shell overpressures anything it pens, and even if the Tiger II can’t quite do the same that 88mm is still amazing and fires quickly to boot.

Russian heavies tend to be armored to hell and back, even bigger volumetric masses, and have downright apocalyptic HE filler for their APHE as well as wacky sloped/angle pen.

Mediums of both nations are pretty damn good, with the Panther having a trolly mantlet + yet another amazing sniper gun and T-34s/44s generally having good guns and workable armor

4.7 With HEAT? You want this thing to face T-34-57s which would 1. reload wayyyy faster 2. have good enough armor to stop most shells and 3. This is the same tier Flakbus exists at and Dikie max is very good at; don’t ruin the ballance :)

BR 5.7 and ruin the BR more

I agree with that ,It’s just observation and well put

I just have to ask you ,do you even play this game at 6-7 BR ? To to even ask this question?

Yes 4.7 with HEAT because it would be even worse at 5.0 to 6.0. 130mm of crappy HEAT pen is not enough to fight Panthers, Tigers, and IS-1/2s let alone vehicles with more reactive ability. That’s without even considering uptiers.

It being at a similar BR as the FlakBus and Dicker Max is irrelevant. Those vehicles trade mobility and armor for consistent and massive damage output. The M52 trades consistent and massive damage output for mobility. The M52 simply has nothing worth putting it at 5.7.

1 Like

Why yes, I have and continue to.
Artillery vehicles are some of the easiest kills in the game due to slow turret traverse, almost complete lack of armor, no gun depression, and HUGE ammo racks lol.

If you’re someone who learns the weakness of your enemy, they’ll be free kills for you if you’re not blind.

1 Like

Then why do so many hate them? Why are more supporting me over you ?

I mean it not massive but you can see I am not the only against the artillery spam at 6BR

Because there are a lot of War Thunder players who understand nothing about tank combat, and even more who don’t have situational awareness.

They filter out bad players, to put it simply. Why do you think so many people complained about the M18 so it’s now at 6.0, or the R2Y2 and Ki-200 which are now 8.0 and 8.7 respectively?

1 Like

So you are saying those who supported my statement are all bad players? I don’t want the tank at lower BRs that all I said and I still don’t so suck it up and move along.

Those who want more 50/60s artillery shoved into BR 6 or lower can have their say as well.

Yes, I am. I am not insulting their intelligence, they might just not be cut out for War Thunder…
If one cannot notice the (house-sized, paper-armored, bouncy-suspensioned) artillery pieces moving into firing positions and fire back in time while using tanks that accomodate reaction time much more, that’s solely on them.

50s/60s artillery is still mostly using technology appropriate for the ERA, a good chunk of which would not be out of place in WW2.
The T92 SPG would be orders of magnitude more destructive than most SPGs ingame so far, and that was built during the war :P

1 Like

I don’t think you are cut of for this forum if you can’t understand or empathize with what other people want and don’t want on here.

The game is not just about point scoring it is about immersion and enjoying the vehicles Gaijin put so much time into in the correct setting facing real enemies.
If you were cut out for War Thunder then you would understand this.

You are on a hiding to nothing trying to defend Cold war artillery against WW2 tanks and the mess it makes of the Game.

Were you one of those kids who played with cowboys and Indians vs Knights in armour and WW2 solders on the same table? I bet you were.

Thia argument would have some credibility if gaijin actually cared about historical mm, but they don’t.

2 Likes

But a lot of the players do. It has beyond that now. WW2 heavy tanks are simply not balanced in this game at 6-7 anymore and more and more posts are being made about this.

We are facing APCs that can do 60mph in tanks that can barley do 8mph and we getting one shot killed in Heavy tanks made to take shots from the front ,destroyed Artillery from the 70s and 80s with one hit.
Many people are tolerant of the era situation but it becoming harder to suspend disbelief.

Maybe 50% if not more of what is discussed on this forum will never change.This is not interaction with Gaijin ,this is discussion among game players/Forum members.It’s pretty moot what Gaijin think to be honest.
Anything that is not a formal submission is really.

Only on 10.0 +

No more kill farming versus WWII stuff

Erm, so you want a 1950s Howitzer built on the M41 chassis (a 6.3-light tank) and armed with the same gun the M4A3 (105) has at 3.0 to fight against late Cold War to modern-day tanks? If I may say, that hardly seems balanced, in my humble opinion

2 Likes

Is it balanced to have indirect fire weapon used as direct fire in game ,especially since overpressure was implemented.

What is next ,introducing Thermobaric weapons that suffocate your entire crew or burn exposed crew to a crisp and thus scoring a kill .

Well, those Artillery pieces you’re dying too have a big silhouette, it really isnt hard to counter them.

Sorry that you cant just drive foward on a map and expect to invincible.

There are a lot of mismanaged brs in this game.

Player statistics and general max br affect the placement of each and every tank.

2 Likes

What people want and what makes for a fun and balanced game sometimes tend to be wildly different things, especially when the people we’re talking about are bad at the game.

Does immersion get you progress in events? Are WW2 vehicles more effective for grinding?

These “cold war artillery” are on-level technologically with said WW2 tanks. It doesn’t make a mess of a game, it punishes people who don’t bother playing carefully.

I played Union vs Traitors, thank you very much.

1 Like