M1a2s at top tier

Same pool as t90m…

54/45 =1.2

Huh?

I have 393 deaths to 388 + 4 kills; that’s not 1.2, that’s 0.99… and one of the lowest K/Ds I have in Top Tier, only as low as M1A2, M1A1 AIM and Challenger 2 OES.

I am sure that, when I start playing these tanks again, T-90M’s stats will go up, and SEPv2’s will go down.

Maybe I will ignore the modification bonuses, stop saving them for potential upcoming additions and just play them right now, hahah.

Even with the issues fixed, I don’t really think they’d beat the absolute menace that Leopards are. Even if the Abrams was the best tank in game, the bad players would still ruin the matchmaker. Obviously these issues should be fixed but it’s up to Gaijin and unfortunately we know their track record when it comes to fixing vehicles that don’t directly make them money.

Turret armor will always be more important than hull armor, which Abrams has better.

LFP spall liner won’t change anything, or at least very much, the issue is the lack of coverage in the sides where you’re supposed to shoot NATO MBTs. The LFP is a problem because autocannons pen it easily, and obviously an autocannon will rip right through a spall liner and break it.

The Challenger 2E is the only good Challenger variant, whereas all the top tier M1 are about the same in terms of performance. For example, the 3 TD is just laughable even compared to the Ariete.

Even then, the 2E still has a tiny ready rack, no blowout panels, terrible targeting speed, and a much worse round than the Abrams.

1 Like

Why should I use old stat where you had worse skill and abrams was without reload buff if i can use actual one for last 3 weeks?

Indeed they wouldn’t… but at least the gap would become smaller! That is why I am so obsessed with these fixes for every MBT, hahah.

Yeah…

Not as much as it looks: quite similar, except the Abrams has all the lower cheek and turret ring weakspots too.
turrets

It would actually change a lot! People shoot at the LFP very often, perceiving it as one of the main weakspots. With spall liners, the crew would be safe from such penetrations, even more so than they are already.

The Challenger 2E is objectively the best Challenger indeed, but I also love Black Night and 3 (TD) (in spite of its issues). Base Challenger 2 just… works; and the worst ones are the overweight ones (although I still have positive stats with 2 (2F) lmao, but I gave up on TES).

1 Like

Actually good point

The reload buff is, indeed, the only thing keeping the Abrams decent/relevant right now; the only reason to play it over other tanks, but a good one.

You know, I think I will just waste those mod research bonuses and play T-90M and SEPv2 again, hahahah. Otherwise, I won’t be able to play those tanks for at least 1.5 more months and I don’t think I want to wait that much (specially since there may not even be new additions to use them then, so I may as well wait in vain). We shall see where this goes! Since I have a similar number of matches with both SEPv2 and T-90M, I will try to keep it similar and do my best with both of them. For further uniformity, I will always spawn them first.

1 Like

Top tier Britain was my first experience with top tier, and so most of my K/Ds are negative besides the Challenger 2E and the base Challenger 2 iirc. Since then I’ve gotten a lot better, for example I have a 2.5 K/D in the Leclerc S1, it quickly became my favorite top tier tank in the game. It’s also the only tank I’ve earned the ace crew qualification for for free.

I see!

Sometimes, we just love a tank even if it’s not objectively and technically the best. My two favourite tanks right now are Type 10/TKX and T-90M! I like the Abrams too, but the issues hold me back from liking it as much as I could.

I also love the Challenger 2s, specially after they finally got their orgasmic historical engine sound… as with every other tank, I just hope their issues are solved.

I used to like the Leclercs a lot as well (very nice new engine sound too), but I soon grew tired of the weak UFP and “fuel explosion” issues hahah (plz Gaijin fix, also give them their spall liners).

I also get the global stats being dragged down by a worse past self, hahah. Up until 2022, I was terrible because of certain reasons that prevented me from focusing, concentrating, paying attention or having any relevant degree of situational awareness at all; so that + my “no fs given” attitude led to rather poor performance, hahah. Now I actually try to put some effort into gameplay (not too much either, I am still a casual player) and some of my health issues are being solved to a degree, so I perform somewhat better now. I still consider myself to be just an average player, but that’s still better than being the mediocre player I was from 2014 to 2022, hahah. My global stats will never recover from those 8 years of mediocrity though, but it’s not like I care anyway!

6 Likes

Why are people still using thunderskill to talk about peoples competencies with vehicles? That site does not accurately graph stats

Health is always more important than War Thunder, as much as the snail wishes it weren’t lol. I’m glad you’re doing better. I’ve been playing War Thunder a bit less lately, mostly because the M3A3 Bradley is so ass stock that it frustrates me out of the game, so I’ve been playing a lot of Skyrim lately, instead.

1 Like

Just to clarify, the health issues are 100% unrelated to War Thunder, hahah (since I have seen many people state that War Thunder has affected their mental health negatively). Mostly physiological, emotional and circumstantial/environmental factors, all of which feed each other on an endless, hopeless, vicious loop with no light at the end of the tunnel. Anyway; the physiological part slowly improving a little is allowing me to focus and concentrate a bit better, so my performance ingame has improved a bit, the same way it has improved in other fields, like school, hahah.

In fact, regarding mental health: War Thunder has always been one of my primary sources of healthy escapism, hahah. Maybe that’s one of the reasons why I am so invested on it!

I get the burnout born of frustration it can lead to sometimes though indeed, hahah.

If it’s cheaper, why not buy ? it’s just buissiness factory control by the goverment order instead let the company lobbying around and charge 80 mil for a planes.
The same with F-35 line has a issuses with the supply chain that they imported some component from China and replaced it later.
And why US still import Titanium/Uranium for their power plant and material for their equippment ?

Worst APFSDS: Checked
Worst mobility: Checked
LFP, ERA not cover the optic: Checked
Latest nation with modern FCS: Checked
ERA modelling base on NATO test: Checked

Russian tank is newbie friendly, easy to learn but hard to be an expert.

1 Like

Inexpensive =/= good value.

Yet still they overperform vs. reality.

I don’t care that they overperform vs reality. This is a game. I only care because when you ask for improvements to NATO tanks Gaijin ask for documents that you can only get through access to classified sources instead of just saying it’s for balance. If they actually made the vehicles in this game perform in accordance to reality it would mean only a handful of the available nations would actually be fun to play.

2 Likes

So what you mean ?
Their HUD on Su-35 is the same as Thales spec
Their CITV/Thermal on their tanks are exceed everything else, even fix the endurance of it.

Funny is wheneve Russian/Chinese air planes submitt a test, NATO/US refuse it, even use their own power to control the market that if your airline brands does not use our standard (which they did not grade for Chinese/Russian airplanes), your brand can’t flight, force the airline to buy only Airbus/Boeing.

Bet you not even learn to search for their labs work/products on Yandex, you just hanging around with English source poorly translated

Overpeform with what ?
This is a game where tank build on “public source” and performance base of their specs base on those source.
Funny is, T-64A used to fight with Leo 2A4 and Abams yet no one whining with the same attitude as you.

1 Like

Question regarding the Abrams and war thunder, why has gaijin left all of its reports on acknowledged? For example the turret ring, spall liner, m829a3, all have. Been left there for 8 months now what’s up with that. Do they just not care or?

7 Likes

It’s not even good spaded

People were whining though

Your K/D means nothing. You’re a wannabe tryhard who relies on saying “My K/D says the tank is balanced”.

Not everyone has the same playstyle as you, and you cherry picking a couple matches for your Youtube to try and talk smack to other players doesn’t mean anything.

I’ve got enough gameplay in top tier to be able to counter his lies.

The Abrams weak spot of its turret neck and the lower front plate not being reinforced is one of the biggest culprits.

That and the fact that frankly it’s so big, thus revealing the turret ring to other players who want to shoot it out and freeze the gun in position in urban combat.

Yes, players who are noobs who don’t want to learn how to do well do make the game terrible, but that’s the result of the company’s decisions, and if they don’t want to learn, they’ll either learn, or they’ll remain a bot. (Edit: Their playstyle and stupidity shouldn’t be the reason that good players or even average players cannot get the Abrams’ buffed in a manner that is not only realistic and feasible, but also should be for sake of the players.)

2 Likes
  1. In many cases it’s not even a bug or an error, many tanks simply have weakspots IRL and this is something they’ll have to adapt to when playing it in War Thunder.

2. The strength of a vehicle is always relative to it’s opposition, aside from the Strv 122 and Leo 2A7V, the opposition is equal or worse than the M1A2 SEP.

3. Even if the turret ring is changed to volumetric which I hope is done soon, it’d still be vulnerable to APFSDS and remain a weakspot. That’s just not something we can get around.

Which is why I’ve personally bug reported numerous items on the M1 Abrams series of tanks, right?

The way I see it, the following needs to be done:

• Introduce the M1A2 SEP v3 in the next patch.
  • Change the turret ring to volumetric.
  • Increase turret side protection by 2.5x for CE resistance.
  • Fix XM885 penetration and post-pen dmg, if it becomes extremely potent, increase BR to 11.7.
  • Lower the ADATS to 11.3.
  • Rework the M1A2 SEP v2 visual model to account for a model with, and one without the TUSK.

Gaijin has always taken extremely long periods of time before fixing a certain bug, the M60’s mantlet was underperforming for years and years.

Let’s also not forget they get hundreds of bug reports per week.

Acknowledged often just means the information is sent over to the devs, it doesn’t necessarily mean the devs believe the issue is legitimate or demanding of a change/fix.

5 Likes

Which is why you’ve consistently argued with anyone asking for armor upgrades, right?

Get.

2 Likes