M1A2 SEPv2 Missing M829A3

It has a 7.1 second reload, a 4 km/h reverse speed and below average mobility, yes.

On the other hand, it’s got even better armor than Leopard 2A7V, Strv 122B+ or T-80BVM (both in terms of effectiveness and amount and strength of weakspots), the best post-pen survivability in the entire game (multiple spall liners and anti-spall internal shielding) and 3rd generation gunner and commander thermals as well.

Do not underestimate it!

5 Likes

On the other hand, it’s got even better armor

There are holes in this armor. The only thing is that the tank’s turret armor has become even stronger.

Stats say otherwise. But good try.

Thank you.

Submit a bug report with sources.

Well it seems like the M1A2 SEPv2 Missing M829A3 // Gaijin.net // Issues bug report got passed.

5 Likes

I encourage people to go voice their opinion on the Abrams and how it is being implanted on their dev blog the just posted.

4 Likes

then why add the new tank??

1 Like

so people grind something new or use GE to skip the grind/module grind…

Calm down bud, M829A3 is from 20yrs ago. DM73 entered production last year.

How is that relevant?

It’s an improvement for both nations against Russia.

It’s also the historically fitting munition choice for the tanks.

Leopard 2A7V is a 2022 tank that should get its 2022 shell, the same way M1A2 SEPv2 is a 2007-2023 tank that should get the primary shell in U.S’ service since 2005.

I could even argue U.S should get M829A3 on SEP and M829A4 on SEPv2, while Germany should get DM63 on Leopard 2PL and Leopard 2PSO and DM73 on Leopard 2A7V.

U.K should get DM73 on Challenger 3 (P), too.

5 Likes

I have just one small correction for you, The patent you mentioned is for a tungsten penetrator with a solid steel tip, This patent is more than likely for the export ammo KET and Not M829A3, another thing of note is that the patent you linked is dated for 2013, There is another patent: US6662726B1 which described a depleted uranium penetrator with a solid tungsten tip, this patent is from 2003, the very same year that M829A3 was put into service.

You’re right. I meant to illustrate that a similar effect is likely achieved by M829A3, despite its DU composition. The patent you cite states that DU penetrators preform better against ERA than penetrators made from tungsten:
“a tungsten projectile will produce a larger diameter hole in a given armor plate through which both projectiles are capable of passing, while a uranium projectile will penetrate plates at thicknesses which the tungsten projectile can not penetrate. When an exemplary tungsten penetrator impacts with rolled homogenous armor (RHA) its leading end experiences a mushrooming deformation producing a relatively large yet shallow hole. In distinction thereto a depleted uranium penetrator interacts with the armor more like a chisel, without the same mushrooming deformation, producing a deeper yet narrower hole.”
Meaning that a 20% improvement in penetration is likely a very conservative estimate.

1 Like

You could argue that, but my point remains. There is a difference between adding a shell thats 20yrs old versus one which entered IOC last year.

german ask a shell with nearly 700pen, through you get a 650+pen shell 3years ago, and its still the best shell in WT now, some country is still using 570+pen shells just because of gaijin’s strange formula

u must be a russian main

This is the crux of it lol

6 Likes

Huzzah!

I dont even think it ever fielded A2 lol. The round is from 03’

1 Like

Still expect all of them to get denied tho.

1 Like