M1A2 SEPv2 Missing M829A3

It was introduced back in 2006…

Friendly visiter from the Leo 2A7V discussions. Did you guys get any armor changes? 2A7V actualy got nerfed and has worse armor then Strv122…

6 Likes

Gaijin has currently locked us in a tin trash can and is beating on the outside of it with a sledgehammer.

How bout you?

8 Likes

Acknowledged, now we wait.

4 Likes

ah so similar gotcha

4 Likes

The russian source used in the SEPv2 was shot down in a Leclerc report for being from Russia, so there is that.

However I personally refuse to give up hope, call me naive or whatever, but I’ll hold out hope that the combined sources were enough until release day.

yeah it’s not looking too good.

the strv122B+ is not in that good of a state either. It’s lower front plate composite should extend all the way down but gaijin put a 10mm box there with nothing inside.

oh they nerfed its UFP plate add on as well, they lowered the values. But honestly the german community couldnt care less about the state of the Strv122 currently , when we need to get 2A7V fixed first which has worse values then the Strv122B…

yeah, the D type composites should be a thing in game. But instead gaijin puts all the extra KE on the add-on bit on the front…don’t know what they are thinking.

1 Like

It didn’t look like a no. Are you sure they said no?

1 Like

they said devs won’t take Russian sources as a source for nato tanks. Nato tanks include M1 so…

1 Like

^This pretty much.

However, and I hope this is the case, there were some other lower estimates posted in the replies of the report. So maybe all the sources that were thrown their way about the upgraded hull armor were enough that they use those estimates combined with the Russian source to make a guesstimate, I just don’t know if Gaijin considers where the estimates came from as reputable (I’m not familiar with the source).

But like I said, this is pure hope on my end.

well I hope because the DU inserts were pretty well established we’d get a DU insert hull anyways. BUT. it’s Gaijin we are talking about.

2 Likes

I think they might use the fact that the one russian report was included to disqualify the entire bug report.

1 Like

If I know Gaijin (which I think I do) that’s exactly how they are going to respond.

Link to the statement? I would like to read it myself.

1 Like
2 Likes

Wait, there was an exact similar one that wasnt in russian right? Or was that just a translation.

Theres quite a few of other sources in there for armor values. There were 2 threads.

Ofc they decide to say its not credible for the SEPV2, hilarious considering they eat up everything else from their own country with significantly less credibility

2 Likes

Doubtful. Theyll just ask for that source to be deleted if they want to be like that