M1A2 SEPv2 Missing M829A3

The M1A2 SEPv2, as implimented currently on the dev server, lacks its primary APFSDS round, M829A3 (source). The round represents a significant improvement from previous US 120mm APFSDS rounds, being heavier, longer, featuring a steel tip designed to defeat Soviet ERA, and propelled by a new propellant solution. In game, the US tree presently needs M829A3 because of its ability to penetrate MBTs equipped with Contakt-5 ERA. The addition of an improved round would help US players defeat the astounding number of top-tier or near-top-tier USSR MBTs equipped with Contakt-5 (6 total; 4 with both thermal sights and laser rangefinders).

I’ve opened a bug report for this issue, which has been submitted as a suggestion.

15781125_1347104485348293_4725673723145639315_n

Dimensions and details of M829A3 can be found here.

A patent assigned to Northrop-Grumman, designers of M829A3, suggests that penetrators with a solid steel nose, >24mm diameter, and >650mm length (such as M829A3) outperform penetrators with hollow tips (previous M829 rounds) by at least 20% in penetration against ERA (see Fig. 4).

33 Likes

This new round is currently not needed

1 Like

Yeah, you see, the problem with adding the M829A3 from 2003 is that it invalidates primary protection addon of the Russian tanks…

And that is against the rules.

38 Likes

We all know that Gaijin won’t add a round that negates all Russian MBT ERA even though they’re adding a vehicle that’s primary round is M829A3

19 Likes

welcome to the club, DM73 is missing as well

12 Likes

I mean zero top tier tanks where needed, but considering this is mesn to be the big “generation leap” to rank 8 then why not now ?

5 Likes

Because it’s not necessary?

some nation is still using 577mm pen round :(

1 Like

Then why is the t90m being added despite russia being top dog ? Doesnt seem needed to me ?

14 Likes

Problem is that unlike the SEPv2 the 2A7V has some armor.

3 Likes

I have a feeling you’re a Russian top tier main

9 Likes

Oh he is

1 Like

its missing its armor and its bugged…

1 Like

M829A3, then move all the new top tanks to 12.0 👍

7 Likes

Definitely

Higher but agreed

Well 12.0 if no BR decompression. Ideally like 15.0.

I honestly thought the new R8 vehicles were going to be much better, but a bunch of current tanks were moved to rank 8 but there hasn’t been a single BR change… I mean, the Sep2 and Sep1 are basically carbon copies aren’t they? lol(In game)

4 Likes

Yup, literal no difference other than “hey look! New and more ERA as well CROWS!” No armor improvements or nothing.

3 Likes

This is an imaginary number.