M1A2 SEP V2 ERA Modification

Not in Warthunder.

strv is overrated ash, it got it real armor irl spall liners, gaijin must love sweden so much to give it that much of armor with nerfs

Wrong again, you keep repeating something me and 30 other people have already proven to be false.
War Related Illness and Injury Study Center Home (va.gov)

Literally proving you wrong, again.

Oh look, proof of what I and others have said.

Not the 2016 doc

Do you know what they were making prototypes in 2016
Drum roll
SEPV3

thats what i said it has a defaulted thickness of around 550mm “probably tougher than 18in of SHIP steel”

so we havent even touched on DU and the other later materials added and how much further protection they alone add

You lost me at “uh well, it probably has that”. Keep dreaming I guess?

yeah its still largely classified

1 Like

you can know that metal ceramic etc can be something like two sheet metal plates with a bathroom tile in the middle

but its not the same as classified armor grade despite being technically composite armor

and you still dont know the manufacturing process where its sourced its tolerances etc etc

not to mention still unknown material outside of anything that is somewhat known about it

1 Like

this is the same US that put stabilizers on sherman tanks but never told the crew how it actually worked

this is their doctrine

The crews were taught how to use stabilizers after many started to become aware of it. The trouble was it was a pain in the butt to get set up properly, and the manuals weren’t given their proper due. After the small hatches, all large hatch 75s and 76s received training on how to set up, maintain, and keep the Westinghouse stabilizer operational in combat.

I’ve already said where spall liners are, and that’s in the armor package, with some slight spalling from the internal armor wall beyond the package.

That doesn’t mean jacksquat when the turret ring is still mismodeled,

the M829A3 round is still not included on the latest tanks,
the turret rotation speed is still slower than usual (although that’s true of every tank, so not an inherent bias),
the acceleration over soft ground is noticeably sluggish when I’ve driven these machine 40 miles per hour in soft Ramadi sand for over a year, and it didn’t get sluggish at all in a turn,
they won’t allow one to remove the second-generation ERA,

and the turret armor value protections are, as we are all aware, not even export model, instead they are pre-1996 HAP-1 armor values from an M1A2 lacking depleted uranium alloys or even tungsten at the time.

Did I cover everything just about right, Gaijin et al?

3 Likes

Doesn’t look like it.

Ground Vehicle System Integration (GVSI) and Design Optimization Model. (dtic.mil)

Spoiler

This is for every pre-92 M1. You would have to provide better sources to prove spall liners are present and got added in the M1A2 SEP.

1 Like

Military budget:

USA- $1 TRILLION(1,000 billion)

Italy- 20 billion

I’ve said this to you before, and I told my self not to reply to your nonsense comments. But here I go again-

Why would this be surprising to you based off the military budget difference between these two countries ?-

The Abrams isn’t getting “buffs”- they getting rid of intentional nerfs.

With the “Buff” word use, you’re suggesting the Abrams is receiving “artificial” improvements for balancing purposes.
Although with a $1 trillion dollar military budget, we can probably assume the “buff’s” are how the tank should have been implemented already. I don’t need any sources to prove this . I’m just gonna counter argue with “$1 trillion military budget” when antagonized about USA vehicles.😉😎

Thats not productive or helpful

Why? It’s all I need to say

I guess I could say-

” the reason we don’t have health insurance”

Like it doesn’t prove the DU hull at all

I’m not repeating myself and stop nitpicking to ignore all the salient points, period.

1 Like

It has no effect on interior spall accumulation, only effecting composite longevity. It’s no different from rubber as NERA, in the fact that it is made to prevent layers of the composite array from shattering or excessive deformation.